2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

In search of engine!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 11:37 AM
MOPAR Junky
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In search of engine!!!

I am a huge fan of the Dakota platform to say the least. They have saved my life(literally). I have moved up the past year from a 3.9L to the 4.7L, both club cab 2x4. The 4.7L is an awsome engine. Hooked up to a 5-speed that little truck has no problems running 16s in the 1/4 mile. I have recently been looking for a used or reman 5.9L magnum. Why? I can't find a decent R/T dakota for a good price so i figured I would make one. I want to swap out my 4.7L that has 108,000mi on it for a 5.9L that has either been remand or has less that 80,000 miles on it. I plan on rebuilding the transmission this spring. new housing, clutch, and flywheel. And i figured why stop there. I can build a truck better than an R/T. I might have found one already, but I plan on swaping out rear axles as well. A Dana 60 or a 61 but it has to be limited slip, has to be. If you can aid in my search of an engine and a rear end please do. Thanks- James

Old 01-04-2010, 12:26 PM
dbilik
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

You are looking for the built engine? Not one to rebuild correct?

Old 01-07-2010, 06:54 PM
MOPAR Junky
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One that runs. Even if it runs bad i'm willing to replace what needs replaced. Heads, headers, valves, etc. But I'm looking for the whole engine in general. A rebuilt engine would be awsome but I gotta watch my $ on this project. A rear end and trany rebuild will $ enough:P A used 5.9L with under 80,000mi s my goal.

Quick Reply: In search of engine!!!