2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

turn signal problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 08:20 PM
buckhunter1983
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turn signal problem

I recently picked up a 99 ext cab 2wd dakota 130,000 miles at a seizure auction for 500 bucks. I drove it home and noticed all sorts of problems. So the major ones first, here we go. 1. The turn signals only work when they want to, I turn them on and they blink maybe 2 or 3 times and then nothing. They only get power for a few seconds and quit, Im thinking that it is the multi function switch in the handle, but might be wrong. 2. The power lock switch does not work but the auto lock works when you get above 15mph, I havent got to the interiour of the door yet to trouble shoot. 3. The brake lights are odd also, most of the time both work but some time only 1 works and they seem to take turns working, sometimes the left works and sometimes the right works and sometimes both work. Any Ideas of what might be the problem would be appreciated. Also had to replace the front suspension bushings, ball joints, shocks, power sterring pump, and the rack. My 500 truck is turning into a money pit.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:38 PM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Sounds like the Central Timer Module is shot. It's located in the driver's kick panel. You can try unplugging it for a few minutes to see if it will reset, but if that doesn't help you shoule take the truck to the Dodge dealer. The only way to check the CTM for sure is with the DRB scan tool at the dealer.

Sorry to hear about the problems.

Jimmy

Old 01-17-2010, 10:19 AM
wewanaplay
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That just sucks man, sorry to hear about all the troubles and even more sorry to hear you may end up having to go to a dealer for help. Dealers suck. I would strongly suggest Finding a local independant shop. Granted, they are all out there to make money but the man who is trying to make or sustain a reputation is 100 time more likely to actualy fix the problem. Dealers don't really care if they help you or actualy fix the problem. They get plenty of business from people who don't know any better. At the very least I suggest you find a very small dealer in a very small town.

Quick Reply: turn signal problem