2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

window problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 01:28 AM
somebodynowhere
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window problems

I forgot to ask this question a long time ago haha. My passenger side window goes down but it doesn't go up. I had to hook the window motor up to a battery charger in order to put the window up. Then I unhooked power to the motor so none of my friends try to roll down the window. (they have tried hundreds of times over the past 6 or 7 months). This happened a few days after I got my truck back from the body shop when I got t boned in the drivers side. Any suggestions?

My truck in it's saddest state. The Jetta that hit me was completely totalled. Serves her right for running a red light.

Knocked the tire off the rim on the other side of the truck.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:41 AM
NYsteve
Rookie

Bad switch? The motor is obviously good if the window goes up with the charger. If you have a test light or a multimeter I'd try testing the switch.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:58 AM
wewanaplay
Veteran

but both switches??? that would be weird if the up-side of both drivers and pass door switches went at the same time. I would look more towards the wiring at the window motor. body shops are bad about Making broken stuff work for a little while and then it's your prob to deal with. You might try the stuff in the drivers door since that's the last place it was messed with.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:46 PM
somebodynowhere
Professional

It is the passenger window but the drivers side was hit.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:58 PM
wewanaplay
Veteran

ok, yeah I see what ur sayin, I'm still trying to wake up over here and being from bama you know that could take a while,LOL

Quick Reply: window problems