2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Tire Height

Old 01-19-2010, 10:08 PM
tiger8522
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Height

I have a 02 extended cab dakota that is stock. I understand if I change my tire size I will have to re calibrate my speedometer do to the rotation of the tires. What I would like to know is I am currently running a 31 x 10.5 15 tire I cannot go much wider because they will rub when turning but can I possibly put on a tire that is 33” for the height without rubbing on the suspension or the inner fender well?

Old 01-19-2010, 10:09 PM
tamcnally
Veteran

check the FAQ section...

Old 01-20-2010, 10:08 AM
wewanaplay
Veteran

check the faq, grab a tape measure, cut your wheels, and look around.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:16 AM
tiger8522
Amateur
Red face

Okay I checked out the faq page and noted that according to factory spec I should have a 2 inch lift for the tires that I have been running for the last 3 years. I have never had any concerns with rubbing in any of the conditions I have put my truck through.
So I guess I get out the tape measure and find out how much clearance I have and go from there. Thank you for the help.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:29 AM
jason14sierra

this is a perfect example of lazy members just telling somebody to "check the faq"..because in his case the "faq" is wrong concerning his situation..im new here..but im a member of many other forums...and jesus christ its a FORUM! DEFITION OF FORUM: a public meeting or assembly for open discussion
if youre too good to answer somebody's question just go away instead of posting "CHECK THE FAQ" CONSTANTLY...

Old 01-25-2010, 06:49 AM
tamcnally
Veteran

Originally Posted by jason14sierra
this is a perfect example of lazy members just telling somebody to "check the faq"..because in his case the "faq" is wrong concerning his situation..im new here..but im a member of many other forums...and jesus christ its a FORUM! DEFITION OF FORUM: a public meeting or assembly for open discussion
if youre too good to answer somebody's question just go away instead of posting "CHECK THE FAQ" CONSTANTLY...
back up chief.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tire Height