2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Sylvania Silverstar ULTRA Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 06:32 PM
BIGDAVESDAKOTA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sylvania Silverstar ULTRA Bulbs

I been needing new bulbs for my dakota does anyone have Sylvania Silverstar ULTRA Bulbs . Do you like them, how much better are they than stock.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Independentfool
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they are very nice, but also have a short life span. Even the packaging says say.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:00 PM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I had a set on my Dakota, they lasted about 3 years. They were not so much a "brighter light" as they were just a more "white light". And I could see the side of the road better, and maybe see a bit further in front than with the OE bulbs.

I have a set of GE Nighthawks in now, they are about the same as Silver Star, maybe just a little tiny bit more of a yellow tint to the light, and maybe their light shines just a tad shorter down the road than the Silver Stars did. I can't tell a difference really. I had first bought the Night Hawks a few years ago and only used them a little while until I tried out the Silver Stars after reading how they were supposed to be so much better. Silver Stars were good but I don't know if I would spend the money again on Silver Stars though. Night Hawks were like 15 bucks at Walmart and I just kept them so when the Silver Stars did burn out I would already have another good pair of bulbs.

I have heard and read that Philips Xtreme Vision is even better than Silver Star. I have never used them though.

Jimmy

Quick Reply: Sylvania Silverstar ULTRA Bulbs