2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Installed my Hid's today

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 02:30 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mplue
I just put the same kit in my '03 QC. They are super bright, but I'm afraid they need to be pointed down. Did you do any headlamp adjustment? Also thinking about getting the projector headlamps, any suggestions on those?
Yeah mine need to be pointed down some too but not much surprisingly and ive been driving around a lot at night and since I have installed them ive only gotten flashed 2 times. I was going to get aftermarket lenses(just clear) but I have to fix my truck before I can get those. I guess stock ones mess up the beam and blind other drivers but I dont think its too bad so keeping stock for now is going to have to work.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:57 PM
User
Champion

The stock housing difuse the light better then the crystal clear headlights. To the other drivers the stock lenses look brighter then the crystal. I pointed mine down and have not got flashed once with the new headlights.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:18 PM
mplue
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did both of you adjust the headlights? Did you do the 25' from the garage door and all the measurments or just crank them down? Just curious.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:34 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion

I havent messed with mine since I was planning on getting different lights soon but I have to put that on hold

Old 09-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea yea i know its an old thread but im thinking about getting a set of these hids, dodger did u have to hard wire your fogs like user has in his other thread? or do urs work off the factory switch?

Old 09-05-2010, 12:31 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Josh Abels
yea yea i know its an old thread but im thinking about getting a set of these hids, dodger did u have to hard wire your fogs like user has in his other thread? or do urs work off the factory switch?
No I left mine the same but really if you are installing hids if you have fogs on or not you cant tell. User hardwired his cause if you install hid fogs it can cause flashing lights and other stuff so doing it that way he can turn on his fogs when ever. My fogs look so diff compared to my hids so I leave mine off. Only thing you have to do is before you plug in the hids just switch 2 wires around take 30sec but thats all I had to do to get my truck to work. Im going to get the hid fogs too.

Quick Reply: Installed my Hid's today