2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

what is the most annoying thing about ur truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 03:20 PM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not getting a quad cab is my biggest thing that i hate about it lol other than that not a whole lot other than worrying about the front end costing me a **** ton soon because nothing has gone since i got it other than right side ball joints so i know its gonna be coming soon haha

Old 03-29-2010, 04:53 PM
Billiam
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gas Mileage.. but then again, I bought it for the usage and not mpg's.

The passenger side door gouge due to a POS neighbor who was a druggie.

Dented tailgate from previous owner not hooking the ball up correctly and it hit the gate, as well as the stock hole on the bumper they snapped it so its a huge rust crack.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:42 PM
bpark8824
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The passenger windshield wiper has always annoyed me too...

But the most annoying thing right now is the rattle that I have and can't find. It sounds like there is a set of keys dangaling under my truck and for the life of me I can't figure out what it is yet... That's pissing me off

Old 03-29-2010, 06:15 PM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by bpark8824

But the most annoying thing right now is the rattle that I have and can't find. It sounds like there is a set of keys dangaling under my truck and for the life of me I can't figure out what it is yet... That's pissing me off
have u checked the rod that goes into the pulley system for the spare tire thats what one of the things rattling on mine was

Old 03-29-2010, 06:32 PM
bpark8824
Champion

Originally Posted by Josh Abels
have u checked the rod that goes into the pulley system for the spare tire thats what one of the things rattling on mine was
unfortunetly yeah, that was one of the first things I checked... thanks though. I was actually hoping that was it because it would be an easy fix.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:42 PM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

unfortunetly yeah, that was one of the first things I checked... thanks though. I was actually hoping that was it because it would be an easy fix.
where does it sound like its coming from back? front? middle? certain side?

Old 03-29-2010, 07:24 PM
2daks
Professional

Have you checked the u-joints. My old 97, now in my 17 YO son's care was doing that and he let it go. Ended up cracking the t-case.
Get under there and push and pull real hard around the u-joints. Any play is bad.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:18 PM
alleymad99SLT
Professional

I had a "keys rattling under the truck sound" about 2 months after I bought the truck. I thought it was inside the cab at first, until I stood outside with the truck running. I became convinced that a spot weld on a heat shield had broken and the shield was rattling against either the pipe or the underside of the truck. I had never really looked around under it prior to this.

So, I got under there and started tapping the exhaust with a rubber mallet. Well, right quick I noticed the muffler needed to be replaced. But that wasn't my rattle. I tapped the catalytic converter a couple of times. It rattled. Cut that sucker off, welded in new exhaust, and never had a rattle again. The whole inside of the cat was about 1/4 inch smaller then it was supposed to be. Like it melted down into a more dense glob or something. 2 months later I got a letter from Chrysler saying there was a recall on the cat. Go figure.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:53 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MadisonDakota
How much work are you looking at? time/money
With what 5 speed swap or paint or both of those?

Old 03-29-2010, 09:00 PM
bpark8824
Champion

I know I need a new front driveshaft. That thing is really loose, and the boot got torn off somehow and the cv is shot. But I'm not real sure if that is what is rattling. It seems to be too much of a rattle for it to be the driveshaft. Of course a new one is $300 and I won't have that until summer. Maybe tomorrow I'll look at the cat. I guess it could be the driveshaft, but I don't know how to be certain without replacing it...

It does sound to be in the middle or back of the truck btw... not the front.

Its something that is hard to figure out because it won't do it until I get to 20mph or so.

Quick Reply: what is the most annoying thing about ur truck