2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

what is the most annoying thing about ur truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 09:18 AM
Dredly
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where to start....

Horribly designed back seat that is worthless for kids or anything other then storage (club cab)

horrible plastic liner that comes standard that had no tie downs and ripped the paint all to hell in the bed

electrical issues that the dealership "fixed"

Blower fan went bad at around 50k miles... wasn't covered under warranty

horrible layout to try and work on anything in the engine, especially the lights

weak metal that dented horribly in a hail storm. wife's Jeep Cherokee was right next to it the whole time, not one dent in her truck, mine looks like I took a baseball bat to it.

Speakers are horrible

Bed is just the right size where no other parts, liners, caps... etc will work because it just a tad bit longer then a 6' bed but shorter then an 8

rear bumper is rusting a bunch, i assume the paint has "worn off"?

annoying "tapping" sound in the engine which the dealership assures me is perfectly fine - been doing it for 40k+ miles

truck looks like its "frowning" if you have a front end collision at 5mph or less, but costs 1k+ to fix

on the bright side... the truck looks awesome and it will get into and out of places no person should drive a truck :P

Old 04-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

Speaking of back seats what the hell was Dodge thinking when they built the second gens they completely forgot to put a third door in. The first gens had it and the third gens have it

Old 04-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Wantanewone
Default Tie rods

My 2007 dodge ram had only 25K Kilometers on it when I had to change both outer tie rods. Then at 50K Kilometers I had to do it again. Now at 68K the left outer tie rod is going again. Warranty is off now, of course.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:25 AM
usafdak

should of had a V8 and lack of parts! otherwise im completely in love with my truck! in fact im gonna start it up and drink a beer on the tailgate or smoke while walking around it!!!!!

Old 04-24-2010, 08:28 PM
SpencerS
Captain

Originally Posted by usafdak
should of had a V8 and lack of parts! otherwise im completely in love with my truck! in fact im gonna start it up and drink a beer on the tailgate or smoke while walking around it!!!!!

+1

Love that idea, i might just go do this.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Rakaric
Record Breaker

Oh here's something I can add! The most annoying thing is that the simplest of jobs become something rediculous! Today I was doing prep wiring for the amps I'm installing, and so i hooked up the bigass wire to the bolt where the battery wire goes to the relay box...guess what?! The bolt decided it didn't wanna stay in place anymore, so it's spinning and I can't remove the nut! It's one of those square-end bolts, and because of the plastic all around it, it lost grip. ****in bull****! Didn't feel like cutting things up tonight...I'll save those frustrations for another day.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:22 PM
bpark8824
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dredly
where to start....

Horribly designed back seat that is worthless for kids or anything other then storage (club cab)

horrible plastic liner that comes standard that had no tie downs and ripped the paint all to hell in the bed

electrical issues that the dealership "fixed"

Blower fan went bad at around 50k miles... wasn't covered under warranty

horrible layout to try and work on anything in the engine, especially the lights

weak metal that dented horribly in a hail storm. wife's Jeep Cherokee was right next to it the whole time, not one dent in her truck, mine looks like I took a baseball bat to it.

Speakers are horrible

Bed is just the right size where no other parts, liners, caps... etc will work because it just a tad bit longer then a 6' bed but shorter then an 8

rear bumper is rusting a bunch, i assume the paint has "worn off"?

annoying "tapping" sound in the engine which the dealership assures me is perfectly fine - been doing it for 40k+ miles

truck looks like its "frowning" if you have a front end collision at 5mph or less, but costs 1k+ to fix

on the bright side... the truck looks awesome and it will get into and out of places no person should drive a truck :P
I agree with a lot of that. I love the truck, but there are way too many "wtf was Dodge thinking" sorta things going on. The 2nd gen Dakota is a great truck, but definatly had more potential.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:28 PM
00dakSport
All Star

i got one i just noticed recently. why is there a self behind the headlights.
theres like an ''X'' imprinted in the metal.
its starting to rust and drip down the side part of my bumper.
i've seen this real bad on some gen2's and i want to stop it.
guess i gotta take my headlights out and try touching stuff up.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:51 AM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Josh Abels
Speaking of back seats what the hell was Dodge thinking when they built the second gens they completely forgot to put a third door in. The first gens had it and the third gens have it
first gens didn't have a third door, at least mine and every other club cab i've seen.
but i have seen 2nd and 3rd gens that have them but the owners told me they had them installed special order.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:28 AM
cbassj8

The truck being a DODGE!!!!

Quick Reply: what is the most annoying thing about ur truck