2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Difference in fender between engines?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 08:31 PM
NitroTurkey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Difference in fender between engines?

Hello, I crashed my truck into a tree and anhialated the drivers side fender and headlight and crinkled the hood a little. I have removed the fender and will start looking for a replacement on monday.

My truck is a 2000 Club Cab SLT with the 3.9 liter v6, when I removed the fender the battery box and fuse box were mounted to it ( perhaps other things as well, I would have to check my removal notes ) and a bolt shank or two welded on for grounding points. Does anyone know if the mounting locations and grounding locations are different for the different engines? Like if I found a fender on an I4 or V8 should it be identical besides badging? I am hoping for a straight forward swap with no drilling or fabrication.

Also having never been to a scrap yard do you think I have much luck finding a good dakota/durango fender in the gray color called "Driftwood"? I can't afford professional painting and would hate to have mismatched color body parts.

I look forward to any insight, thank you!

Quick Reply: Difference in fender between engines?