2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

anyone know where i can get this wire?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 01:19 AM
Hollowsmoke
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question anyone know where i can get this wire?

i have a 2001 Dodge Dakota SLT, and it has a problem with the CamShaft position sencer Wire, like a bad connection. from what ive searched it has all the usual semptoms, Sometimes wont crank, runs rough, bad gas milage, sometimes bogs going down the road and unstable Idle.

what i need to know is, where can i get the complete wire with plug to replace the bad one? ive gone to autozone and advanced auto parts and neither of them could find this wire in their system.

i dont have alot of money and am looking to do it myself, ive had a real mechanic hook up his computer to my truck and it is indeed a weak or no signal from the sencer, which was replaced only a few days before.

if anyone could direct me to a site or something i could order this for a reasonable price i would be greatful. i have been having problems with this thing for a good 2-3 months so any help would be great.

other then that the truck is awesome and i love it when it works right, its definitly a shrine to my hard work with how beat up it is but i would love to get it running right again

thanks for your time

Old 06-26-2010, 03:11 AM
cowboy63645
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From the sounds of things it is a dealer only item. If you cant find it anywhere I would start looking at junk yards, but even then the part might last a minute or two, or it might last for the next 10 years, its a shot in the dark

Old 06-26-2010, 07:11 PM
Hollowsmoke
Cool

i have a dealer just up the road but its too bad its closed for the rest of today and tomorrow, guess ill go up there monday. ive searched most of the reputable junkyards around here and none have a dodge even near the year/model of mine.

guess the dealer is my only option... will they sell me the part or are they gonna tell me to get it fixed i have to pay them to do it?

Old 06-26-2010, 08:27 PM
cowboy63645
Veteran

I dont know about your dealer, but mine knows better than to tell me to have them fix it lol. I have went in and ordered parts that half of there tech guys didnt even know what it was. They should just order the part for ya and they should call ya the day it comes in as well.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Hollowsmoke

thanks for the advise man, i feel alot better about going to the dealer having heard that, cause i have a friend that says if i get the part he'll put it in for me for free, like i said im short on cash so i cant afford to pay the dealership mechs to do it.

thanks again!

Old 06-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

that would be bull if they forced u to have them fix it, i wouldn't even walk into the service department, id go straight to the parts department. i always avoid talking to the service techs at mine as well as the salesmen all together lol mine is definitely a stealership

Old 06-26-2010, 10:45 PM
cowboy63645
Veteran

Well, usually it isnt a problem, but I was new to the area and no one up there knew me when I started going in, now everyoneknows me buy name, even the salesmen, lol

Old 06-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Hollowsmoke

thanks for the advise man, i feel a little better about going to the dealership now, like i said i dont have much cash so maybe that wire will be affordable

Old 06-26-2010, 10:47 PM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by cowboy63645
Well, usually it isnt a problem, but I was new to the area and no one up there knew me when I started going in, now everyoneknows me buy name, even the salesmen, lol
is that a good thing or a bad thing lol

Old 06-26-2010, 10:49 PM
cowboy63645
Veteran

Originally Posted by Hollowsmoke
thanks for the advise man, i feel a little better about going to the dealership now, like i said i dont have much cash so maybe that wire will be affordable
As long as it wasent like the plug I needed and just the pigtail was $85. Hopefully you wont run into that problem! As far as them knowing me, makes things that much better when I do need to go in cause I get some pretty decent deals on parts and vehicles alike!!

Quick Reply: anyone know where i can get this wire?