2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Help on turbos please

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010 | 11:16 AM
thunder98110
Champion

make a street truck with a turbo, keep the turbos out of the trail scene.

Old 07-05-2010 | 01:29 PM
Independentfool
Veteran

Originally Posted by thunder98110
i agree. you'd want a supercharger for the trail. you want the power right off idle.

Old 07-05-2010 | 04:02 PM
User
Champion

So... CTDs are not allowed in the "trail scene"?

Old 07-05-2010 | 04:10 PM
thunder98110
Champion

Originally Posted by User
So... CTDs are not allowed in the "trail scene"?
no that comes stock, its a big azz offroad truck to begin with, not a street machine like yours will be. i dont see apoint in having a turbo setup on an off road vehicle, i mean how often are you going to be winding out the engine past 4 grand. unless you are mudding or something. but having good suspension and tires is a better than mega horsepower. look at the suzuki samurai, stick some good tires on there and they can go through anything even with a pos motor.

Old 07-06-2010 | 01:55 AM
User
Champion

no that comes stock, its a big azz offroad truck to begin with, not a street machine like yours will be. i dont see apoint in having a turbo setup on an off road vehicle, i mean how often are you going to be winding out the engine past 4 grand. unless you are mudding or something. but having good suspension and tires is a better than mega horsepower. look at the suzuki samurai, stick some good tires on there and they can go through anything even with a pos motor.

If i quoted that correctly (below) you said keep turbos out of the "trail scene" meaning all turbos, also CTD you stated come Turbo'd and with a high GC. Should i tell them to stay in that spefic class, i know a CTD on here that would probably kill most "street scene" racers. Why do people have to be so bitchy on what other people do to there rides? I stated my opinion on what i thought about STS setups and gave him info on what i would do and who i would go through. I didnt tell him to do something else and stay away from a certain "scene" WTF are we in high school?

Specify yourself next time, try not to sound like a moron. Thanks.

Also i can tell you know nothing about turbos to begin with, winding past 4k to gain turbo benefits, im guessing this is what you mean aka def. of "turbo lag" aka ricer bull****.

A correct size turbo and tune can produce max boost as low as 1500 rpm? Don't believe me? Look up "Duner" (link to his profile below) he is a real person with 2 real dakotas with turbos producing boost "without lagg" LMFAO. One 4.7L and a 5.9L best of both worlds.

Anything can be done with enough money, and anyone has the right to do whatever the hell they want to do with there truck/car/van/skateboard ect.

Give helpful advice if your going to comment, not high school punk bull****.

http://www.dakotart.com/forum/member.php?u=26

Last edited by User; 07-06-2010 at 02:14 AM.
Old 07-06-2010 | 10:38 AM
thunder98110
Champion

wow relax dude. its just my opinion. i dont see why someone would convert a non turbo dak into one and go offroading it doesn't make sense to me. if your going to ADD a turbo keep it to a street vehicle where its better suited. i think a ctd is more suited to be offroading rather than building it up to be a street vehicle b.c that's not what dodge wanted that vehicle to be. people can do what they want, i was just stating my opinion. i wasnt trying to get in some argument about who turbos or not. and i dont think the OP thought my comment was irrelevant.

Old 07-06-2010 | 01:45 PM
User
Champion

wow relax dude. its just my opinion. i dont see why someone would convert a non turbo dak into one and go offroading it doesn't make sense to me. if your going to ADD a turbo keep it to a street vehicle where its better suited. i think a ctd is more suited to be offroading rather than building it up to be a street vehicle b.c that's not what dodge wanted that vehicle to be. people can do what they want, i was just stating my opinion. i wasnt trying to get in some argument about who turbos or not. and i dont think the OP thought my comment was irrelevant.
An opinion huh? Giving people wrong information, in my books, is not the correct way to state an opinion.

Your missing the point "dude" why limit yourself and follow the scene, just because it doesn't make sense to you, does not allow you to spray wrong info all over the thread, almost diarrhea of the mouth.

Never was I, but im going to call bull**** when i see it

you don't "THINK" the OP "THOUGHT" your comment was irrelevant? How do you know he hasn't posted back yet... lol...

Old 07-06-2010 | 01:49 PM
thunder98110
Champion

An opinion huh? Giving people wrong information, in my books, is not the correct way to state an opinion.

Your missing the point "dude" why limit yourself and follow the scene, just because it doesn't make sense to you, does not allow you to spray wrong info all over the thread, almost diarrhea of the mouth.

Never was I, but im going to call bull**** when i see it

you don't "THINK" the OP "THOUGHT" your comment was irrelevant? How do you know he hasn't posted back yet... lol...

yeah because he pm'ed me. it wasnt wrong information, i never said it was the only way to do things it was what I thought.

"does not allow you to spray wrong info all over the thread, almost diarrhea of the mouth." I said ONE thing and you get all upset.

you need to get off your high horse. i'm not sure what your problem is, maybe things arent going well with your own build and feel like you need to take it out on the thing i say. it was a normative statement the OP can do what ever he wants.

Old 07-08-2010 | 01:47 AM
User
Champion

yeah because he pm'ed me. it wasnt wrong information, i never said it was the only way to do things it was what I thought.

"does not allow you to spray wrong info all over the thread, almost diarrhea of the mouth." I said ONE thing and you get all upset.

you need to get off your high horse. i'm not sure what your problem is, maybe things arent going well with your own build and feel like you need to take it out on the thing i say. it was a normative statement the OP can do what ever he wants.
My build is coming along fine, not sure why thats even an argument.

Here let me break down all the bull**** coming out of your mouth.

1. KRC does not exist
2. KRC was horrible, and i would never recommend anyone to them with Marty in charge.
3. Turbo Lag... LMFAO!
4. "keep all turbos out of "trail scene"
5. going 4k to get boost with turbo

Thats 5, not 1. over 3 = diarrhea of mouth

Now your going to say "how do you know KRC sucks blah blah" one do a google search they have almost as bad rep as Hennessy does. Turn around time, ****ing peoples **** up, wrong builds, wrong parts, i have personally delt with the dumbass.

Turbo lag is a myth, only in the ricer world cuz they think the bigger the turbo the better on a 4cyl, sames goes for a 8cyl

Scenes/Clicks are for church and high school not when it comes to vehicles, money = anything in this business

4k... really, so even with a 4k stall and high shift points at maybe 6500 on these motors (and thats pushing it to the limit) everything below 4k is trash and sluggish? Either you have a damn Mack truck turbo on your truck, or you know nothing about turbos.

Like i said i call bull**** when i see it, and god forbid if this guy does go to KRC (which doesn't exist) and is under a huge change over gets screwed and run around for months to years... it took Bad_Banana (Chris) almost 2.5 years to get his truck back. Please dont let him be another miserable customer.

Im simply fixing your mistakes, giving the guy good information, not bull****. No high horse here, im in a lowered dak

Now what bs are you going to toss back to clean up all this diarrhea, its getting pretty bad someone might have to run to walmart and pick up some more TP.

Old 07-08-2010 | 02:05 AM
Blown287
Grand Champion

im in a lowered dak .
Now that is what I'm talking about

Anyone who thinks KRC under Marty rocks needs to talk to this guy.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/members...ondslayer.html

Last edited by Blown287; 07-08-2010 at 02:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Help on turbos please