2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

So...Big WTF moment today!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010 | 09:45 PM
SpencerS
|
Captain
Default So...Big WTF moment today!

So for a couple weeks my Intermittent Wipers wouldn't work, the dome lights would not come on when the door was opened, and the chime would not ding when the key was in the ignition/door was ajar when engine was running/lights were turned on without the key in the ignition. I suspected the CTM after checking all the fuses/grounds and whatnot.

So I went to the dealer to purchase the CTM they shipped in for me and the mechanic was nice enough to go take a looksie before i bought it. Now since i have no power windows or locks i assumed there was no fuse for that spot in the fuse box. Wrong!!!!! The mechanic came back and said he found my problem. He was an old guy so he played a little guessing game with me and asked me if i saw anything wrong with the fusebox. So he finally stuck a fuse in the power locks slot and it fixed everything. He then gave me a little lecture on how the electrical stuff works in a dakota. So after i left i tiped the dude 10 bucks for all the advice he gave me.

Now i dont know about you guys but this changed my view of dealerships a little bit since this guy was so helpful. He didnt even charge me for the fuse, even tho it was like 50 cents. But this really made my day!

Now everything works perfect!

Old 07-22-2010 | 09:48 PM
jake7
All Star

keep using him and send your friends his way and it'll pay off next time you need some more help....not a bad friend to have.

Quick Reply: So...Big WTF moment today!