2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

New member with a couple of questions.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 03:46 AM
ghostdreamer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member with a couple of questions.

Hi, I just found the boards so I figured I'd ask my questions here. I have a 2002 dakota quadcab with the 4.7 v8. Has anyone replaced the rear seats in one with a different bench seat that has the three shoulder straps? I have three little kids and I don't like the idea of just using the lap belt for their safety. My other question is that the truck wants to pull to the left real bad. I basically have to keep the wheel turning right to go straight. Is there anything in paticular that I should look at? Thanks in advance.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:24 AM
Derek2002
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the truck is pulling have your alignment checked.Lots of places will check it for free.

Old 09-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Jrod938

Also if your tires aren't wearing evenly, it will pull one direction.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Derek2002
Professional

Originally Posted by Jrod938
Also if your tires aren't wearing evenly, it will pull one direction.
And tires wear unevenly due to poor alignment.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:51 PM
midget-farms
Professional

I'd almost bet its the tires. I used to have a car that would literally jerk to the right if I let go of the wheel. Had it aligned & it didn't help.

The tires were only a year old - but when I replaced the front tires it cured the problem.

Another cause can be a stuck brake caliper. They sometimes don't let go & if it is on the front wheel the truck will desperately try to leave the road.

You can tell if its the brakes though - after driving for 10 minutes or so place your hand by the wheel. If the brakes are stuck it will be extreamly hot.

Don't know about the back seat though.

Old 09-05-2010, 01:14 AM
ghostdreamer

Thanks for the replies. I have kumo tires and had a front end alignment not to long ago. Haven't thought about the brakes being stuck, will check that on my next days off. I was looking at the 05 and up dakotas and they seem to have the shoulder strap for the middle seat. Does anyone know if they are the same bolt pattern as an 02?

Old 09-05-2010, 09:56 AM
Rantz
Veteran

Originally Posted by ghostdreamer
Thanks for the replies. I have kumo tires and had a front end alignment not to long ago. Haven't thought about the brakes being stuck, will check that on my next days off. I was looking at the 05 and up dakotas and they seem to have the shoulder strap for the middle seat. Does anyone know if they are the same bolt pattern as an 02?
Take a trip to a dodge stealership and talk to the parts department about the seats. It is free and they will print stuff out for you as well. They might be able to shine some light.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:23 AM
McNasy
Veteran

i do not beleive they are the same bolt pattern at all, i will look at my neighbors 05 as soon as i can. i will let you know.

Quick Reply: New member with a couple of questions.