2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Dakota truck bed trailer! (heavy pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 11:50 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 167 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by midget-farms
Now that won't really help if I put 2 tons of crap on the tailgate. So I will need to keep that in mind. I don't want a light tongue lifting my back wheels when I need an emergency stop.

I had that happen once in a jeep - scared the crap outta me!
Exactly. I saw the 2 ft of extention for that reason (overall length), but won't help, like you said, if you put everything behind the axle. But for 80% of what bed trailers are designed to do, it's usually not a problem. It's when you have it filled all the way to the top of the bed with dirt, that you realize you need a 2 ton weight box on the tongue.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:50 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wow pretty sweet nicest on I ever saw made and see that then thinking I just picked up a 20foot double axle trailer for 350.00 yes thats a insane deal for it could resale for way more if I wanted.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:02 PM
midget-farms
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeramguy85
wow pretty sweet nicest on I ever saw made and see that then thinking I just picked up a 20foot double axle trailer for 350.00 yes thats a insane deal for it could resale for way more if I wanted.

Wow! 20ft for $350 is a good deal! Even if you need to put on a new deck.

I saw one locally that used to be a camper. The guy took it down to the frame. All you needed to do was add the deck & have a great trailer.

20 ft is a bit big for me in a Dak. Maybe a full size.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:03 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 167 Likes on 153 Posts

I saw one locally that used to be a camper. The guy took it down to the frame. All you needed to do was add the deck & have a great trailer.

our car hauler is 22 or 24 ft. My dak pulls it empty, other than staying in 2nd gear for eternity.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:27 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well this needs new deck cost for me is 0.00 member at our camp owns the local saw mill so he is going to get some hemlock boards and then it needs wheel bearings ill have about 40-50.00 into that then rewire the lights which will prob cost about 30.00 at max ill have 100.00 into it. Just brought it home tonight with my buddys truck since I still dont have mine together lol I hope my truck does alright pulling this big sob it is a very HD trailer oh it needs a new jack too but it does its job for now no big deal. This lady had no idea what she was getting rid of it was her ex husbands haha

IMG_0512.jpg

Old 09-18-2010, 06:34 PM
dbilik
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I wanna see it behind the truck. That is pretty good.

Quick Reply: Dakota truck bed trailer! (heavy pics)