2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

So got some bad news.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 12:03 AM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So got everything put in and installed by buddy's class today had to go with duralast tie rod ends cause I couldn't get the cheapos which I'm fine with cause they come with a lifetime warranty as well as the remanded rack. While I was there I got a look at the old tie rods and man were they jacked up ill get pics tomorrow but holy crap talk about an improvement steering is much tighter and ride has drastically improved makes almost no sound when going over crappy pavement

Also this was in the doorway and I was trying to convince the master tech teacher to let the class put it in my truck for their senior project lol. If u have to ask what it is u will be banned from this forum forever and will be disowned by all mopar lovers lol jk.
IMG_20100928_212440.jpg

Old 09-29-2010, 08:40 AM
thunder98110
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the good ole 2.5L engine they used in dakotas^^^

Old 09-29-2010, 09:25 AM
zanethan
Veteran

^no way! I thought it was a 1.8L from a civic!

Also how the hell can a high school afford a viper motor!?!?!

Old 09-29-2010, 09:43 AM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

It ain't a high school its a college and its got three of em! Two for rebuilding and that one they used to also have a viper all kinds of cars are donated to em sadly tho everything has to be crushed cause its worked on by students.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:25 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh Abels
It ain't a high school its a college and its got three of em! Two for rebuilding and that one they used to also have a viper all kinds of cars are donated to em sadly tho everything has to be crushed cause its worked on by students.
Yeah it sucks my pap had a 07 jeep grand cherokee limited 5.7 hemi loaded with leather, nav,rear seat entertainment,sirius, everything possible you can get with a jeep. Well there was always a noise with the front axle it had a hum to it and he just hated it, took it back to the dealer 10 different times replaced the axle 6 times and then other parts well anyway he ended up getting a offer of a new vheicle the same price the jeep was so when he took the jeep back with 13,000 miles on it he was talking to the guy and he said they are giving it to a college to tear apart and put back together and thats all it will ever see. I was like damn if your going to do that hell ill trade my truck in on it lol

Quick Reply: So got some bad news.