2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Torsion Bar Lift and Tie Rod Ends...DONE! *pic intensive*

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 03:40 PM
00dakSport
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you soak the bolts? i was going to spray them everyday for a few days but it just worked on the first try. plus im that strong lol.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:42 PM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 00dakSport
did you soak the bolts? i was going to spray them everyday for a few days but it just worked on the first try. plus im that strong lol.
did you get it aligned then?

Old 09-30-2010, 03:43 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The pb blaster can was empty I got a little bit on there but not enough I had a 4 ft breaker bar but still didnt budge them. If I wanted to I could throw it on the lift and break them loose but im not to worried about it.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:48 PM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dodgeramguy85
The pb blaster can was empty I got a little bit on there but not enough I had a 4 ft breaker bar but still didnt budge them. If I wanted to I could throw it on the lift and break them loose but im not to worried about it.
i almost gave up too but then decided to try it one more time and just put all my weight behind it and cracked them loose i did pb them pretty good 2 or 3 times tho. and on a side note I'm hopefully ordering my 32x11.50 Goodyear MTR's with Kevlar tonight after my class!

Old 09-30-2010, 03:50 PM
00dakSport
All Star

Originally Posted by TheePlaymaker
did you get it aligned then?
o yea i was gonna ask if you did. so no
i took it out and it doesn't seem to pull either way.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:52 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TheePlaymaker
i almost gave up too but then decided to try it one more time and just put all my weight behind it and cracked them loose i did pb them pretty good 2 or 3 times tho. and on a side note I'm hopefully ordering my 32x11.50 Goodyear MTR's with Kevlar tonight after my class!
My cousin has them on his gmc sierra and I love them they look mean. I wish I had the money for new tires actually I do have the money but dont want to spend it lol.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:55 PM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker

o yea i was gonna ask if you did. so no
i took it out and it doesn't seem to pull either way.
yea i did i only drove it about 1-2 miles total without getting it done...mine pulled slight to the right and the steering wheel was off but that was from the tie rod ends but its a good idea to get it aligned or it will eat your tires up most likely and it is said to relieve a little stress from the different angles its at now. I got mine done at the dodge dealer down the street from my school for 53 bucks so i dont think thats to bad for the piece of mind.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:56 PM
SpencerS
Captain

While i was getting my tires mounted the guy put the truck on the rack and walked away. 20 mmin go by so i was like "screw it" I grabed the air hammer put whatever size socket it was on it and cranked those babies up! Got up there and measured real quick with a key chain tape measure. Poped down did the other side!

The mechanic working on the other truck just started laughing and i laughed with him. Long story short they didnt say anything and if they did i was just going to complain about how long it took.

They guy came out 30 min later and aligned it for free cause it took so long haha!
Twas a good day!

Old 09-30-2010, 03:57 PM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dodgeramguy85
My cousin has them on his gmc sierra and I love them they look mean. I wish I had the money for new tires actually I do have the money but dont want to spend it lol.
haha yeah mine now are complete crap i'm pretty sure those mtr's will be more quiet then these haha and i also think they are out of round, not balanced that great anymore and have some serious sawtoothing going on. i got a real good deal this one site price matched me for $752 shipped to my door and then im buying my buddy's boss a case of beer for lettin us use the shop and takin my friend out to the bar after to call it even lol

Old 09-30-2010, 04:01 PM
00dakSport
All Star

good call. but now i want to crank them anther inch and put blocks on the back. its never enough.

Quick Reply: Torsion Bar Lift and Tie Rod Ends...DONE! *pic intensive*