2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

How does the Rancho rs5000 shocks do in our trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 12:19 AM
rpowell
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheePlaymaker
when I did my shocks, i got rough country nitros and upgraded the rear bolts but the problem with mine was the front lower bolts threads into the control arm and its a metric pattern. the bolts i had on their were already 10.9 which is equivalent to grade 8 in standard threads so i'm not sure if someone changed it before or if thats how they are stock. look on the head of the bolt when you do it and if it says 8.8 make sure you get new 10.9 bolts but if its 10.9 it should be good
Got Rough Country on my truck, ride great (a little stiff), handle off-road pretty good and cost about half what Rancho's cost. Also they are made at the same factory as Rancho, check the specs and you'll see they are very close.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:00 PM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rpowell
Got Rough Country on my truck, ride great (a little stiff), handle off-road pretty good and cost about half what Rancho's cost. Also they are made at the same factory as Rancho, check the specs and you'll see they are very close.
i've had a set on my jeep for 5 years and now the ones on my dak...i love them

Quick Reply: How does the Rancho rs5000 shocks do in our trucks?