2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Need some opinions on a truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 10:51 AM
magnethead
Legend
Received 161 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by bpark8824
I still almost puke every time I see a 3rd gen and wonder what on EARTH was Dodge thinking...

but just as Spencer said, it's not the miles that count but how those miles were taken. 150k highway miles and very well maintained is better than a truck with 75k miles that was never taken care of and beatin around the neighborhood everyday.
Exactly. Our hemi has 245,000 ish miles on it, all highway. Still has the factory spark plugs, 1 hub set change, 4 tire changes, 1 brake change (I forget if we've done the backs or not), and oil and lube every set interval. It's teated us well.

Old 10-04-2010, 12:40 PM
bpark8824
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by magnethead
Exactly. Our hemi has 245,000 ish miles on it, all highway. Still has the factory spark plugs, 1 hub set change, 4 tire changes, 1 brake change (I forget if we've done the backs or not), and oil and lube every set interval. It's teated us well.
My truck would be in good shape if it wasn't for New England roads. Our roads are so terrible that the entire suspension is completely shot at 100k miles. I've been replacing things as I get the money and the only suspension related components not replaced yet are the tie rods. Everything else has been replaced.

There isn't much I can do about the roads though... unfortunetly it is what it is.

Quick Reply: Need some opinions on a truck