2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

OFFICIAL Moore "SRT" style hood group buy! Info inside!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 02:44 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Exclamation OFFICIAL Moore "SRT" style hood group buy! Info inside!

First let me take the time to explain that I can afford to pay full price for the hood and could order 1 today, but I decided to help out everyone and create a group buy for all the surrounding Dakota sites I post at hoping to save everyone some money, and it being tax return time should make it easier for a few to jump in on the GB and get a deal.

Now lets get down to business!

The hood is made by "Moore Performance Products." Link below

Group buy code is "dfwGB2011" input this code in the Comments or Questions box when checking out, Graham will adjust the pricing, along with shipping (if you have a buddy and have 2 hoods going to the same place let him know in the comments box so he can adjust each persons shipping price)

Moore Performance Products - Official website!

(you will use this website to submit your order, with Group Buy Code, and other information in the "Comments or Questions" box during checkout.)

Hi Chris,

All your group has to do is add the Group buy code "dfwGB2011" in the comments box, I
will alter the final price at this end and email back the revised total,
since our online store software will not recognize any alterations to the
order form when they fill it out.

Thanks for working out the details with me!

Graham @Moore Performance Products.

Below are some photos of the hood. With various options pictured.

Hood installed and painted.

Heat extractor option (under hood view)

Heat extractor view (rear view) and open element intake option. (under view)

Under-hood view with Conical/K&N option.

Default Grill Mesh Style (If you do not choose Street Scene Inserts)

Graham is the owner and is willing to work out a deal with everyone in this group buy, once the minimum number of people confirm 100% to buying a hood he will release a discount code that only this GB can use.

As of right now the discounted group buy prices are listed below. (Optional SS Inserts is N/A until Street Scene contacts Graham back.)

Hood Pricing
*SRT Hood WITHOUT heat extractors:
--SRT Hood....................$545.00
--Packing/handling...........$19.95
--Optional "SS" Grill Insert....N/A
--Total..........................$564.95

*SRT Hood WITH heat extractors:
--SRT Hood....................$595.00
--Packing/handling...........$19.95
--Optional "SS" Grill Insert....N/A
--Total..........................$614.95

Freight Discount
*Freight shipping is required due to large object. Graham can ship 2 hoods at once allowing two people that live near one another to split the cost of shipping. Having it shipped to a commercial address will save you $85. Otherwise the fee to have the hoods shipped to a residential address is an additional $85 to the shipping quote.

Shipping Info
*Finding a shipping buddy in your local area will help tons in shipping costs, If you do have a shipping buddy then put this information in the comment box when submitting the order. Let Graham know the address to ship your hood, and he will charge each person 50% shipping.

*He does ship to Canada and can also have it shipped to a border address so you can come pick it up in the states (if you choose to)

*For a quote on shipping I will need to know the address or zipcode and if it's commercial or residential.

*Graham said that a local pick-up can be arranged if needed. The address to his shop is: 3612 US 19, Marble, NC, 28905-8409.

*First ordered/first shipped, normally they can get a hood delivered in about two weeks but this will depend on how busy they are and how far the hood has to travel, he will advise customers on expected delivery time at the time of ordering.

Street Scene "SS" Grill Insert Option(s)
*Graham is contacting Street Scene to find out if he can buy material in bulk and install it in the hoods for the people that CHOOSE to have it. If you don't want it you don't have to buy it. If you do want it a small fee will be added to cover the cost of the material.

*If he is able to get the material, 3 finishes will be offered.
Brushed Aluminum, Black Chrome, and Chrome.

*If you want "SS" Inserts please let me know what type of finish you want. This will allow me to give graham a estimate on how much to order "if" he can get the mesh.

*If you already have a section of material you want used for the grill mesh you would need to mail it to "Moore Performance Products" marked ATTN GRAHAM, and tape your name to the section, He will match
your info to your order sheet and email a confirmation.

Finalizing your order!
Before submitting your order using his website. Please make sure you choose the correct options you want with your hood. Options are below. Please read and choose what applies to you.

Also make sure to use the Comment box to include the GB Code, and any other info he may need. IE: 2 hoods going to one address, supercharger info, ect.

1. Do you want heat extractors on your hood? Yes or No?

2. What color of decals do you want? (Comes free with hood) Red, Yellow, Silver, Black, Chrome?

3. Do you want your hood to work with a Cold air intake setup or the stock airbox? If so choose the "Yes, I have a K&N or conical type filter" This will allow the air to flow to the passenger side engine bay.

4. Do you want your hood to work with an open element/round type filter that sits on-top of the throttle body? If so choose the "No, I do not have a conical type filter" This will allow the air to come directly through the front.

5. Do you have a supercharger? If so use the comment box to let Graham know what type of system you have and if you need the hood to fit around it.

6. Do you have an underhood light? Yes or No, this will let Graham know if he needs to drill the mounting spots for the stock light location.

7. Use the comment box at checkout for any other details Graham may need to know as in special requests, multiple hoods going to one address, ect.

Other questions?
Please view the following post before asking any questions as they might have been answered already.

If your question is not on the lists, ask and I will shoot Graham an email for an answer.

Confirmed buyer list (will only add people that are 100% sure)
1. User (Chris Henderson) - ss brushed aluminum. TX ------ (BUDDY)
2. Bob97sst (BoB) - ss black chrome, TX ------ (BUDDY)
3. gofastgrey (Kevin Peacock) - ss supplying, CA 93003 Commercial (BUDDY)
4. sixfootface - ss black chrome, CA 93003 Commercial (BUDDY)
7. Special ED's RT - ss black chrome, NJ Commercial (looking for buddy)
8. 99408kotar/t - ss brushed aluminum, IN, NW Indiana, 46307 Commercial (looking for buddy)
9. xbxjunkie - ss chrome, NNJ ------ Commercial (looking for buddy)
10. kaptaink - ss brushed alum, Bowling Green KY 42104 Commercial (Looking for buddy)

People Interested with SS finish, and State Info (to be used to find others near you for shipping discounts)
1. Confirmed
2. Kryp2nite - ss brushed, MI, Commercial
3. Warrior Poet - ???
4. Confirmed
6. Confirmed
7. Bad_Banana - TX, Dallas Fort Worth
8. metalsrfr - ss chrome, TX
9. Blaze10 - ???
10. huskerrt79 - ss black chrome, NC
11. Madmike05 - ss black chrome, NY, Commercial
12. Avo R/T (Pedro Silva) - ss brushed aluminum, TX south of Tyler 75925 Commercial or Residential
13. clint282cc - (price)
14. Confirmed
15. Confirmed
16. Confirmed
17. Confirmed
18. Special ED's RT - ss black chrome, NJ Commercial or Residential
19. Logikfive - NY Commercial or Residential
20. Craigslue - KS
21. SIKRT - ???
22. Confirmed
23. Matthew Cosper - ss, TX
24. rprt - Canada
25. juice03 - Canada
26. R/T48 - ss brushed aluminum, IN Residential
27. xzuberated - NC Commercial
28. 24gt - ss chrome, CO Residential
29. Dakman6704 - South East PA, NJ, DE MD or someone within say 75 mi of philly(im about 40 west), Commercial

Last edited by User; 02-03-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:45 AM
User
Champion

Q1. Everyone wants to know the prices of the hood with a bulk discount or whatever you can put together for them.

--A1. In discussing the discount issue we settled on a straight $50 discount on regular hoods OR a $75 discount on Heat Extractor hoods, that way a
customer purchasing a more expensive hood will get a bigger discount. There is no fair way to tier a discount but I suggested a 10 hood minimum
to get this price.

Q2. Price of shipping the hoods, can you stack hoods together to save on shipping, rough estimate of price across country?

--A2. Shipping quotes would need a destination zip code, we can ship 2 hoods for only a $20 price increase, so you can save a lot of $$$ combining a shipment, there is an $85 additional charge for shipping to a residence so please try and find a business to ship to! I will be glad to get a freight quote if we get a zip code.

Q3. A couple of guys want to know if you ship to Canada, if so how much you think that's going to cost, or can they pick it up at the border?

--A3. We can/do ship to Canada, some customers send their hood to a location in the U.S. and come over the border to save the import duties and other fees, if this is not an option we can get a quote from FedEx Freight International, and estimate the fees and GST, the actual freight cost is comparable with sending it somewhere in the U.S.

Q4. Options for hoods if bought in bulk, as in can people mix and match options, or do they all have to be the same?

--A4. The options can/will be whatever someone decides on, there will not be any extra charges for altering their hood, only if they wanted the Heat Extractors will there be a price increase.

Q5. A lot of people want the "street scene" style of grill, is this possible for you to get a hold of or do we need to buy our own and supply it to you?
If you can get the SS style grill inserts what would be the fee?

--A5. If a customer wanted a particular material in their hood opening apart from what we offer then they would have to supply the material themselves........I am contacting Street Scene to see if they offer a section of material we can use for several openings etc, if we can get this then we can divide the cost between several people, I'll keep you posted.

Q6. If you can get SS grill inserts can they choose which finish they want on the grill?

--A6. If we can get the Street Scene material the popular styles would be brushed aluminum, chrome and black chrome, there may be a minimum number of each if we order a batch of a particular mesh.

Q7. What does the stock mesh you use look like, and does it come in different finishes? What type of grill mesh do you have access to? Photos help if you have them.

--A7. I have attached a photo of the stock material, it is a half-inch expanded aluminum with a satin type finish. (See photo in #1 post, or end of this post)

Q8. Quality of hoods? Some member complained that his old hood didn't line up correctly ( photo of customers hood attached.). Another member had problems with the hood cracking by the hinges over time. Are the locations you mount the hood reinforced with steel plates?

--A8. All mounting points are reinforced with steel plates, I have not heard of issues with cracking etc, we have been selling this hood for seven years now and have a good reputation for producing a quality hood, anyone with issues concerning their hood should call us so we can correct them.

Q9. If the group buy goes through and someone receives a wrong hood, or a damaged hood, what options do they have to send the hood back or have it repaired?

--A9. If a hood is received damaged it will be the responsibility of the freight carrier to make it good, either by paying for the repair or replacing the hood, it is such a rare occurrence that it should not be a concern.

Q10. If a hood does happen to not fit correctly, what options does the customer have?

--A10. We pride ourselves on making a quality product, it there is an issue with our hood we will make every effort to make it right in a manner that is fair and honest.

Q11. When the group buy is finalized and all the details are worked out and we come upon a decision. What type of payments do you accept? Paypal, CreditCard, DebitCard, Checks, Money Orders?

--A11. We accept Credit/Debit cards, checks and Money orders, with the last two methods there will be a clearance period.

Q12. Say we do get around 10-20+ people buying the hoods, what would be the turn around time for having the hoods made and when would we need to pay?

--A12. We think the fairest method would be first ordered/first shipped, normally we can get a hood delivered in about two weeks but this will depend on how busy we are and how far the hood has to travel, we will advise customers on expected delivery time at the time of ordering.
Here is the next batch of questions.

Q1. If we can get together more then 10 hoods, say maybe 15+ or 20+, 30+ would there be any increase in discount as the number rises by increments of say 5x, 10 being the minimum. Many people have shown interest in the hood (about 30x and more popping in daily), and I think more people will jump on when they see discounts for larger bulk orders. I'm not trying to be greedy just trying to figure out all my options and what it would take to get these guys the best deal they can get, without making you suffer. I just figured the materials used to make these hoods would be cheaper if bought in bulk, while lowering the costs to make the hoods gives everyone a better price while you still gain the same amount of profit from the sales, but I could be wrong.

--A1. With the discount situation we discussed in the previous email, we do not get any kind of extra price break for purchasing larger quantities of
material, it costs the same if we order 5 gallons or 55 gallons, in fact our hoods are the same price as they were 10 years ago back when we started. We had 3 price increases in 2010, 4 in 2009 and so on, so our profit margin drops every year! We feel it is worth it to continue to make our products here in the U.S.A. instead of Mexico or China like some other companies, in fact we refuse to even purchase Chinese materials like mat and resin for our hoods because it is low quality. ( Sorry to ramble on! )

Q2. When you ship 2 hoods together how will the customers be charged for shipping?

--A2. If we ship 2 hoods to the same location we can split the shipping
between the two customers, depending on their method of payment, we'll
figure out the total cost for them and bill each person half...no problem.

Q3. When everyone gives me all the information on what they want option wise on the hoods along with the other shipping info. What do I need to do with it? Should I send you all the information to you? Basically what I'm asking is what would be the best and most accurate way of charging everyone correctly and shipping the correct hoods to the correct address.

--A3. I would strongly suggest that when we get to that stage you have the buyers purchase their hoods online to make sure they have all their info
correct and the payment info is secure, ( our site splits their info in two packets so even if someone hacks one set they only have 8 card numbers! We will make up a keyword they can add to their order page so the discount can be applied, something in the comments box or such, if there are 2 hoods going to 1 location they need to mention that fact in the comments box.

Q4. Local pickup a few of these guys live close to your business establishment, can they pick the hood up from your shop?

--A4. A local pick-up can be arranged if needed but freight is normally less
than the gas they burn to get here!

Q5. So far on the Street Scene Inserts I would say it brakes down like this; 75% brushed aluminum, 20% Black Chrome, 5% Chrome. Some people have yet to decide what they want. The faster we can figure out if you can supply the SS inserts (easiest way on the sake of keeping things simple in the GB) the better.

--A5. I have not heard from Street Scene yet, I'll keep you posted on that
situation.

Q6. Some members already have a piece of SS insert they can send you, what info do they need to include when sending the insert to make sure its put on the correct hood?

--A6. If they already have a section of material they would need to mail it
to us marked ATTN GRAHAM, and tape their name to the section, I will match
their info to their order sheet and email a confirmation.

Q7. Any other info you can shed on this to help me would be great. What have you done on your past Group Buys to allow them to succeeded smoothly.

--A7. This is how we have managed Group buys in the past and it worked out fine, I am a big fan of keeping things simple!

Old 01-22-2011, 07:33 AM
DakMan6704
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be interested if I could split frieght. South East PA, NJ, DE MD or someone within say 75 mi of philly(im about 40 west), Let me know. I could also provide a business address and work out a delivery to save some there.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:02 AM
User
Champion

I put your name on the list with your info. If anyone decides to go in you can buddy up with someone to split costs. We have a lot of guys on the East side area.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:22 AM
thunder98110
Champion

Originally Posted by User

20. Craigslue - KS
l
where's this dude from???

Old 01-22-2011, 06:39 PM
User
Champion

Originally Posted by thunder98110
where's this dude from???
Probably Kansas lol, but he already bought his hood, he was on a deadline and had to order it before the GB discount went into effect.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:54 PM
User
Champion

If your looking for shipping buddies in your local area, please state where you live and if you have a business/commercial zip to ship the hoods to. This will help save everyone money. Thanks

Old 01-26-2011, 05:28 AM
User
Champion

List has been updated, check for people that are looking for buddies.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:12 AM
DakMan6704
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anything going on? Im gonna track down special Ed...

Old 02-01-2011, 03:17 AM
User
Champion

Update:

I got an email back today.

I have to ok the group guy code with graham and once its ok'd by me we will be able to buy directly from his site using the code to get the discount.

Once i give the ok to start ordering from that day EVERYONE will have a 2 (two) month period to save and order the hood. Once the 2 months is up from the start date the code will be deactivated and all discounts will stop.

Graham is in the process of setting up an account with Street Scene to order the mesh for the inserts. He did not give me a estimate on price if you order a hood with SS inserts, but he will be able to get it.

Everyone that is ready to buy now, please let me know, and once the code is activated ill let you guys know the code to go ahead and order. I'm ready to order mine, just got to see when my buddy wants to order his.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL Moore "SRT" style hood group buy! Info inside!