2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Coolant to water ratio?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 01:23 PM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

An update here..I went out at lunch and swapped out the belts in the parking lot here at work. The old belt I had kept was not my last Napa belt, it was another CQ belt and I believe it was the one that was on my truck when I bought it 5 years ago. I had rolled it back up and kept it under my driver's seat all this time.

Truck ran perfectly fine with no noise in the parking lot. I took a 3 mile test drive down the road and back, no noise at all. Gauges all doing just fine. Engine came up to operating temperature just like it should. I am pretty sure my other belt was bad, but I don't know how it happened. In a number of places it has what looks like shiny threads exposed down in the ribs on the inside of it. Whatever they are maybe that's the reason for the squealing/chirping noise. The old belt didn't look to be stretched when I compared it to the one from under my seat.

Regardless, I will stop at Autozone on the way home and pick up a new belt. The one from under the seat seems to be OK but it is old and I don't need to take chances with it. Plus I can get an extra bonus point when I buy the belt on my rewards card with a rewards card coupon I received in the mail yesterday.

Thanks to everybody for the help here. I hope and pray my water pump/coolant/belt problems are finally all over.

Jimmy

Quick Reply: Coolant to water ratio?