2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Power sliding rear window?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 01:17 PM
blhfla
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power sliding rear window?

Did Dodge offer power sliding rear windows in the 2nd Gen. Dakotas? My truck has a rear slider but I would like to have it powered as it would be much easier to operate. If Dodge offered a power option then I should be able to get the components and add them.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:30 PM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pretty sure that they didn't but my friend has one in his ram and it is nice. i'll def be watching this thread and see if you find any place that makes one because that would be sweet.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:10 PM
blhfla
Rookie

Cool. Maybe the Ram system could work on the Dakota. Worth checking into.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:17 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No it was never a option. I Dont think you can do it in the dakota cause there is no room below the window to do it.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:21 PM
blhfla
Rookie

Oh boy. Another custom mod to add to my long list and I don't even have the truck yet.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:51 PM
blhfla
Rookie

Originally Posted by dodgeramguy85
No it was never a option. I Dont think you can do it in the dakota cause there is no room below the window to do it.
So on the Ram is the motor/assembly mounted inside the cab just below the bottom of the window (in the center, I assume)? How does it attach to the window? Perhaps it could be attached inside the cab at the top of the window, like at the ceiling? There's lots of headroom already.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:20 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by blhfla
So on the Ram is the motor/assembly mounted inside the cab just below the bottom of the window (in the center, I assume)? How does it attach to the window? Perhaps it could be attached inside the cab at the top of the window, like at the ceiling? There's lots of headroom already.
Im not sure on the ram as i've never read up on them. My uncle had to do the regulator in his ford f250 and it was below the window Im just merely guessing. I would think below the window might be more effective but who knows with the dodge people they always find a way to make it 10x more complicated than it has to be.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:45 PM
blhfla
Rookie
Default Here's an option

Found this:

http://www.crlaurence.com/crlapps/sh...8&ModelID=1623

I'm going to call them tomorrow (Customer Service by calling (800) 421-6144 or (323) 588-1281) and ask if they can supply a kit minus the glass (if it will work with my current slider).

Old 03-18-2011, 11:59 AM
blhfla
Rookie
Default Yes we can.

Just called them. They do make a complete solution with a dashboard switch. It is a cable pull system with the motor connected via 3 foot cable so it may be located on the passenger side floor or under the seat. However it is a complete replacement, the original window must come out. The window is sealed in with adhesive. There is only one problem: they don't sell to the public. Fortunately, I have a Florida business and have applied for a customer ID, after which I will be able to check pricing and make purchases. I will report on the price later this afternoon once my customer account is set up. If anybody wants one after that I will be glad to facilitate purchasing.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:38 PM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker

Quick Reply: Power sliding rear window?