2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:56 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Aftermarket stereo and the Infinity system...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 04:04 AM
Shane Levi Shoupe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The big blue cable coming off the preamp

I just need to know where I can buy that cable. It was cut when the after market stereo was stolen. Does anyone have a parts number or a link where I can get it?

Old 05-03-2017, 10:01 PM
cjmedic78

Originally Posted by McNasy
i have mine running through the factory amp. when you wire up the new radio you need to connect the amp turn on/ power ant wire( usally blue or blue/white) to the infinity anp turn on wire. im not sure what color off hand, but this has been dicussed on here before. do a search in the forum.

I have the extra wire on my 2000 dodge grand caravan w/ infinity like in this video

can you just cut the connector and ire to the blue wire on the head unit?

this guy says it might blow the computer but i don't want to go to this much trouble

Old 05-06-2019, 02:49 PM
John Bunch
Default Relay location?

I have been reading a bunch about this infinity system. Basically I think my amp is not turning on. The radio functions but no sound. I saw that there is a wire that comes from the head to the computer (ridiculous) that then let’s the computer send I signal to a relay that then turns in the amp. I think that’s right.

Where is the relay in the 2001 Dakota? I’m not sure if it’s a bad relay , the amp is toast, or there is something wrong with the head unit. I have had battery issues and replaced the battery and had to jump start it. I actually suspected this amp issue may have killed my battery.

I have tried all the fuse pulls to reset the radio with no luck. I want to check the relay before I go further. The radio will make this very low level ticking sound which I’m guessing is the amp trying to turn on. Very faint

Any help would be great.

John

Old 03-18-2020, 03:19 PM
Zach Kraemer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cycodude
Same here. Mine runs through the Infinity amp just fine. I thought it would be a problem, but after almost 2 years it's still running just fine. Wire it normally and don't forget the aforementioned amp turn on connection or you'll have no sound out.
So i have a 95 avenger. With the infinity system. When i bought the car it had no stereo but came with the adaptors(wiring harnesses) so i plug mine in. As normal. And i get sound from rear speakers only and its very quiet. (I can turn my stereo up to 60 and it sounds as if it were only at maybe 10..) But if i disconect the power ant wire from the main power and hook it to the blue white pre amp from my head unit. I get nothing.. and comment? Maybe im doing something wrong?

Old 03-18-2020, 05:42 PM
Vimes
Veteran
Received 63 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Zach Kraemer
So i have a 95 avenger. With the infinity system. When i bought the car it had no stereo but came with the adaptors(wiring harnesses) so i plug mine in. As normal. And i get sound from rear speakers only and its very quiet. (I can turn my stereo up to 60 and it sounds as if it were only at maybe 10..) But if i disconect the power ant wire from the main power and hook it to the blue white pre amp from my head unit. I get nothing.. and comment? Maybe im doing something wrong?
It sounds like either whoever wired in the adapter didn't do it right, or the adapter doesn't match your stereo. I would start by verifying that the adapter is wired to match your stereo, and if it's a home-built adapter (the adapter harness will have splices between the plugs) that all of the splices are correctly done. If all that is correct, I would try the stereo in a different vehicle to see if it works, then go from there.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket stereo and the Infinity system...