2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2004 Dakota Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Ibleave74
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Dakota Transmission

Hello all,

I have a 2004 Dakota SXT 4X4 3.7L Quad cab with 97K miles. I was noticing the other day that when my truck shifts into drive it seems to loose alot of power and is real sluggish. I have to step on the gas a little harder and it kicks back down into 2nd to pick up more speed and then shifts back to drive and all is good. Was wondering if I'm able to try and adjust the bands on this transmission and if so can someone tell me how to go about doing it correctly so I don't make it worse. It's been serviced regularly and well taken care of so I'm wondering if it's the bands that need adjusting or if it's a sensor of some kind causing it to act up. It doesn't seem to matter if the engines hot or cold. Also one more thing I noticed a slight miss / rough idle the other day. The plugs have been changed and it's showing no codes. Was wondering if a dirty throttle body would cause the miss or should I start looking elsewhere. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Quick Reply: 2004 Dakota Transmission