2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Got a 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 10:29 PM
AaronFuller
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab

with 230K miles and still going strong on the original V8. Only problem right now it my driver's side window is a crank window and the little plastic part broke inside that connects the window to the crank mechanism. We had some ice here in Mid-Missouri back in February and I went to crank down the window and it popped. I knew what happened as soon as I heard it. Couldn't believe it.

However, I cannot find a replacement. I bought the entire crank mechanism (metal) thinking it would have the part needed but it did not. The part is white and about a half-moon shape with a square post coming out one side and that's the part that broke off- the square post.

If anybody knows how I can get one of those or how to put it on or how to fix it I would be forever indebted. I do not have enough money to go to a dealership and pay somebody $70 an hour for 3 or 4 hours to fix it. I've searched the internet over and have come up empty handed. Please reply on this thread or you can email me at nelson_kris@hotmail.com with any info.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, I'm 34 and single.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:36 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site. I will move this thread to the second generation Dakota section,
FF

Old 05-09-2011, 07:57 AM
McNasy
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it sounds to me like the regulator broke. it happened to me 3 or 4 times, except i have power windows. it is a bad design by dodge. the half moon piece you see in the "pulley" the the cable runs on. i have found a couple in junk yards and have bought 2 new from the dealership. $100ish from the bone yards and $180 from the stealerships.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:18 AM
ryan_brown33
Veteran

+1 on the broken regulator. i have power windows too, but have that same part. mine broke on new new years eve this year and my windows would not stay up. luckily, new years eve was the coldest day we had all year with a high of -4, lucky me! when i took my door panel off i found that plastic half-moon shaped cable guide in the bottom of my door. i called dealerships and searched forums (including this one) and you can NOT replace just that part, you have to replace the whole regulator. you could try a junk yard, but you always run the risk of it breaking again soon because who honestly knows how old or new that part is. i bought a new regulator at advance auto parts for 80 bucks with a lifetime warranty and installed it myself. not too bad if you ask me only took about 20-30 minutes

Old 05-09-2011, 10:33 AM
McNasy
Veteran

i need another one for my rear door again, i bolted it shut a couple of years ago. i didnt know advanced sold them, i know where i will be getting my next one! really, a liftime warrenty? shoot i should have gone there for my first one. lol. stupid ice on the windows.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:00 AM
ryan_brown33
Veteran

yea advance, oreilly, and auto zone all sell them for about the same price. they are made by Dorman and come with a lifetime warranty, cant beat that!

Old 05-09-2011, 03:08 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome to the site.

Quick Reply: Got a 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab