2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Giddy

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011 | 11:36 PM
Rakaric
|
Record Breaker
Talking Giddy

So....I picked up a Superchips today...you know where this is going, haha...

I can't believe how much this little thing improved the performance. The power has really been awakened and my transmission isn't missing any of it. Right now I'm running 89 octane so I set it up to 87 octane tune. I still have a lot of experimenting to do...considering there is a performance 91 setting as well as a mileage setting.

Considering the last 4 gallons of the tank went well above 15MPG, I'm very pleased yet pissed at myself for not getting this earlier...like...in 2006. I could have saved A LOT of money, but whatevs.

Man...with the TMR mod I did before, the 1-2 WOT shift is simply amazing. It really does feel like it gets shot out of a cannon. Low end has improved. Ability to accelerate has improved. I was on the highway and when I needed to get a little faster, I didn't need to press on the gas as hard anymore, because the power was available and ready to go.

Like I said...I have a lot of experimenting to do with types of gas to use and performance settings. I'm curious what the difference is now to the mileage tune. It's probably marginal, which why I want to know if there's a noticeable power difference.

Old 05-12-2011 | 11:45 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion

i was able to run 93 tune with 87 gas with my ram with the superchips, but with sct is diffrent its a more true tune ! ! sct walked all over the superchips i had day and night diffrerance and i thought superchips did wonders

i sold my superchips for 250 and bought the sct for 265

Old 05-13-2011 | 12:04 AM
Rakaric
|
Record Breaker

Well, I'm sure it's 91/93 setting for a reason. I didn't want to risk anything, so I just am following the recommendations. Somehow I feel with the differences I'm feeling with Superchips, that SCT can't be that much crazier, even with the added tuning. I got my superchips for 150, so that's all that matters to me. The only thing that sucks is I can't adjust shift points since apparently 2000 - 2003 is different than a 2004. /shrug

Old 05-13-2011 | 01:39 AM
InnerCityHillBilly
Veteran

Originally Posted by Rakaric
Well, I'm sure it's 91/93 setting for a reason. I didn't want to risk anything, so I just am following the recommendations. Somehow I feel with the differences I'm feeling with Superchips, that SCT can't be that much crazier, even with the added tuning. I got my superchips for 150, so that's all that matters to me. The only thing that sucks is I can't adjust shift points since apparently 2000 - 2003 is different than a 2004. /shrug
try and tell the guys on the Ram Second Gen Forum, i read a ton of stuff on their Forum and its seems its all they use lol

Old 05-13-2011 | 03:03 AM
Blaze10
Record Breaker

i have a superchips as well on my 99 and my 04 i love it i have the mileage one set up on the 04 and the perfomance 91 on the 99 i love that thing

Quick Reply: Giddy