2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

hypertechs how good do they work?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 02:27 AM
BlackDak4.7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hypertechs how good do they work?

looking at getting a hypertech from superchips. How much of a increase in the 4.7? Is it worth the 400 bucks? or should I just get the gibson headers? Just looking to lower my E/T's and beat out a couple more ricers

Old 07-16-2005, 10:10 PM
TexasNative
Professional
Default RE: hypertechs how good do they work?

I have a 3.9 and im getting both the headers and a programmer so I will tell you if it makes a huge diff on a V6 ok. But I also have an airaid intake, poweraid TBS spacer, and a 40 series single in single out on mine.

Old 07-17-2005, 12:06 PM
southeastperformance
Rookie

The headers , cold air intake, Hypertech or Superchips programmer, 40 series will all make a good improvement in performance. Forget the tb spacer, none have shown any real power gains. Another source of good power we have found in dyno sessions are the F&B throttle bodies. These are custom billet construction and have proven themselves over many years of service. You shouldn't have to spring $400 for a programmer since your in Dodge forum, give us a call and let us know your a member.

Old 07-27-2005, 02:08 AM
TexasNative
Professional

I have the programmer on my 3.9 and like the gains I got from it. I will post the dyno sheet ssometime early next week.

Quick Reply: hypertechs how good do they work?