2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.
View Poll Results: Which headlight do you like?
headlight 1
9.09%
headlight 2
54.55%
headlight 3
36.36%
headlight 4
0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Help Choosing Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 09:22 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I really like his I think its like smoke chrome not black. I think the black lights make it look tough which is what Im going for on my truck.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0004_large.jpg

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/296914...ar-cab-chassis

Old 06-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Rakaric
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are like mine. It's chrome reflectors that are tinted to a smoked look. Funny we're on this subject because I've never seen anyone having these aftermarket lights. I was on the road today and saw a Durango with the same ones I have. I thought it was pretty entertaining =P They definitely look great seeing the vehicle in action!

Old 06-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Senate427
Veteran

The dakota in the link below has really dark smoked headlights and it just doesn't look good like black chrome.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/386128...a-extended-cab

Old 06-09-2011, 09:44 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Rakaric
They are like mine. It's chrome reflectors that are tinted to a smoked look. Funny we're on this subject because I've never seen anyone having these aftermarket lights. I was on the road today and saw a Durango with the same ones I have. I thought it was pretty entertaining =P They definitely look great seeing the vehicle in action!
Oh yeah you got yours from ebay didnt you?

Originally Posted by Senate427
The dakota in the link below has really dark smoked headlights and it just doesn't look good like black chrome.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/386128...a-extended-cab
You cant go by that those are headlight covers that are tinted. My buddy has them for his jeep and they look terrible imo.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Rakaric
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dodgeramguy85
Oh yeah you got yours from ebay didnt you?
Yeeup.

About the blacked out headlight assemblies...the only way it would work is if you're going for a complete black setup. Traditionally, you want your headlights to contrast. All black tinted windows, black paint, tinted tail lights, black rims...that would be killer for sure.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Senate427
Veteran

Did some research and the reviews are mixed about smoked headlights. Some say it's not bright enough and others say getting HID lights is the solution.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:19 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Rakaric
Yeeup.

About the blacked out headlight assemblies...the only way it would work is if you're going for a complete black setup. Traditionally, you want your headlights to contrast. All black tinted windows, black paint, tinted tail lights, black rims...that would be killer for sure.
What seller did you get them from and did you have any fitment issues

Did some research and the reviews are mixed about smoked headlights. Some say it's not bright enough and others say getting HID lights is the solution.
Ha I got HID'S and im worried about light output lol, I like to have the best bight light shining out from my truck.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:05 AM
Blaze10
Record Breaker

my friend has smoked head lights with 8k hids and they are still bright as heck. i think i want them but i want good fitment... which are the best that fit snug?

Old 06-10-2011, 03:13 AM
Rakaric
Record Breaker

Mine compared to stock, I've noticed it has a wider vision, due to the fact that the one piece allows light to flow through the corners a bit more.

Originally Posted by dodgeramguy85
What seller did you get them from and did you have any fitment issues
I think it was 2Kmotor...I have to doublecheck that. As for fitment issues, there wasn't much problem with that. I personally never liked the gaps that were always there, but I fixed that with weather stripping to give it a nice clean look. I actually have fender problems, so I'm probably a special case.

Quick Reply: Help Choosing Headlights