2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

which engine do i have

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 08:50 PM
bpark8824
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dirtbiker
That is very true. So many people don't even know. I could never buy a car/truck not knowing the engine. Just like if you try talking about cars with people who don't really know much and they say they have like a 6.4 liter gas engine in their f150. There are 2 things wrong with that: 1. Ford doesn't make a 6.4 Liter gas engine. 2. The 6.4 Liter engine they have is a diesel. Lol I explained that to the person who said that and the guy got so confused. I don't even know much about Fords and I knew that.
Just like the guy that told me it was a pain to change the spark plugs in his powerstroke... I said, you mean glow plugs maybe? He said nope spark plugs, I replied oh well it should be pretty easy since they don't have any.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:17 PM
dirtbiker
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dakota1089
Guys its not that I didn't know, when I checked under the hood and saw magnum on the plastics I figured 5.9l magnum and when I checked the vin and seen 4.7l I was just confused and didn't know they had magnum plastered on a power tech engine thats all.
I wasn't accusing you of not knowing lol.

Originally Posted by bpark8824
Just like the guy that told me it was a pain to change the spark plugs in his powerstroke... I said, you mean glow plugs maybe? He said nope spark plugs, I replied oh well it should be pretty easy since they don't have any.
BAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Was he being serious? Some people... haha.

Quick Reply: which engine do i have