2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Replacing Fan Clutch=ERRGG!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 12:50 AM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Well according to magnaflow they are all "High Flow Cats" with and increase of 45% more over stock.. BullSh!t...

I put their Direct Fit version because 1. I wanted to do it myself (That was a fail getting the old pipe off) 2. I wanted to replace the pipe.

Needless to say the Magna-Crap is 20-30% smaller in size, look down the pipe at the core and you will see the stock has nice round holes.. and the magna-crap is little triangles, just alot more in a smaller area.. however just as I told Magna-Crap that refused to help me unless there was a material defect of the product, you can only pass so much volume of air (Exhaust) through so much volume (Surface space)... Smaller internal volume=less surface space on the actual ceramic. I do not care if there are 50% more holes, as they do not account for nothing if they are twice as small as the stock.

So technically in order to make a 'high flow' you would need less surface area and restriction (The walls of the actual pathways to be thinner and holes bigger) or more surface area with the same or greater pathways and more of them.

Long story short they because the guy could not snow ball me, he told me its because there was not enough back pressure. BullSH!t again.. i can take the CAT off and the power is so good. This little sorry excuse of a product is crap.

The one I bought simply does not have any of these properties and there is no way in hell they can prove it can.

Last edited by jondakotaguy; 07-04-2011 at 12:53 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:39 PM
thunder98110
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you should have went with the spintech highflow cat.

Quick Reply: Replacing Fan Clutch=ERRGG!