2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

want a sound system, but where to place amps and speakers

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 05:14 AM
boomerang285
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default want a sound system, but where to place amps and speakers

I want to put a new sound system in my truck, I just bought it last week. It's a 99 Dakota sport club cab. Anyone have suggestions on where to place the subs and amp? I saw a couple sites where they made a custom box, and fit it under the back seat, if that be the case, has anyone done it before? Is it hard?

Old 08-01-2011, 11:20 AM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Sub under the back seat.. meh.. it will be ok and add some bass.. but nothing jaw dropping..

Question is, do you really need the back seat? Could you get away with not having it? Could you get away with only haveing the shorter seat back there?

PM me and I will send you the link to the new build out i just did on my Kota.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Rakaric
Record Breaker

I actually have 2 amps installed powering the cab speakers and one for the sub. I originally built the sub to go under the seat, but it didn't really sound that great. So instead, I took out the smaller bench seat, cut up the box, and made a custom sub box to fit perfectly on top of the frame of the cab. I don't have pictures right now, but I can get that up sometime later.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:29 AM
boomerang285

Jon that was pretty cool, but I think I would need the backseat. And rakaric, I would like to see pics of what you did,

Thanks guys.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:40 AM
PolCat

I had a sound system installed back around '01 that still sounds great. I have a kenwood 600 watt under the passenger seat powering JL audio components... Tweeters in the outer air vents and 6 inch mids in the doors. Also a set of 6in boston accoustic in the rear not running off the amp. For bass i have a single Kicker Solo Baric 12in in a custom box running off a Kicker DX350

Quick Reply: want a sound system, but where to place amps and speakers