2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Need Rear Supsension Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 06:30 PM
CaptInfuriate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Rear Supsension Help

Hi,

I'm a new owner of a 96 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4, I bought it cheap for a work truck and it is great except that it only has three shocks. The right rear shock was missing when I bought it as well as the lower right shock mount and the upper right shock mount looks like it was torn out and then rusted to hell. I bought new lower shock mounts and had them welded in and replaced the left shock because it still had the upper mounting in place, well that has now torn out. I'm looking for a new rear cross memeber with the two upper shock mounts. Any ideas where I could get one and am I calling it the correct name when I ask for it?

Thanks!

Old 08-02-2011, 10:40 PM
tech_support
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would probably look around at some junkyards. I can't remember if its bolted or rivited in but just get the whole bar from a good frame. You can search car-parts.com for a local junkyard with the correct part

Old 08-02-2011, 11:57 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That whole cross piece is riveted in. You will need to go to the junk yard and cut one out or just take your piece and cut it out then put in a piece of square stock and weld the shock brackets to it.

Quick Reply: Need Rear Supsension Help