2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Bed liner and bed tarp for the winter

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007 | 12:39 PM
owns
Rookie
Default RE: Bed liner and bed tarp for the winter

Line-x beats a drop in liner anytime. Don't listen to your dealer in that regard. They own drop in liners, they don't do spray in liners. They're going to do whatever it takes to sell you their products.

Drop in liners are not good because they do chaff everything underneath them, wearing away paint. Dirt and water can slowly get trapped underneath them as well, resulting in rust. A drop in liner is definitely not advised on a truck that you really care about. Line-x is tank proof, and highly advised. I've seen it do wonders.

The do it yourself bedliner stuff (herc-u-liner) isn't good. I used it myself, and am regretting it. So far I've spent $160 on more than the recommended amount of herculiner, and I've got areas where the stuff has been dinged completely off, and I have other areas where coverage was thin and wore through. While definitely better than nothing, it's definitely not as good as line-x. Still beats a drop in liner however.

As for tonneau covers, the price you were quoted wasn't bad. If you're looking for a soft one though, check out the agri-cover designs. They're pretty bad ***. I've done a lot of research and they by far are the most functional, durable, and sensible product out there. They work in all conditions the best, and aren't nearly as much of a headache as some other tonneau designs. I desperately want to purchase one myself.

Quick Reply: Bed liner and bed tarp for the winter