2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

'04 Dakota Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 04:58 PM
omio
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '04 Dakota Brakes

Hi

I have an '04 Dakota Quad Cab and have been having a small issue with a ticking sound coming from the left front brake. Is this normal for Dodges. The reason I ask is that my old Intrepid used to do the same thing. This only happens when apply high pressure to the brake pedal. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 07-28-2005, 12:50 PM
Hit_it
Rookie
Default RE: '04 Dakota Brakes

I have noticed that as well on mine! I seems normal to me, I have not notice any difference in braking performance.

Old 07-31-2005, 07:39 PM
Plum00

Is it a clicking like a wheel bearing noise or does it include some squeak?

Not sure if we're talking about the same noise, but mine made a slight tick/squeak with brakes on and turning. I could see where the rivets on the brake caliper clip were lightly touching the rotor 'hat' section. Not with brakes off--there was clearance then. When I had someone press teh brake pedal teh caliper kind of leaned over slightly and the rivets would almost touch the rotor. About a year later the brake pedal started pulsating. I took off the front rotors, which looked pretty good from the front, but on the backside there was major rust buildup on the outer and inner circumference. Also a rusty area right in the middle of pad-swept area. Tried to get the rotors turned but thatt rusty spot did not clean up. Put on two new Chinese rotors ($25 each!) and now smooth pedal, no more ticks/squeaks.

Old 08-26-2005, 12:32 PM
omio
Rookie

Thanks for the comments...

I still have the tick and now my brakes are squealing when I press on them, I think they did something during the inspection because it never squealed before then.

I have another issue now. I have this creaking sound each time a accerlate and decelerate. It is coming from the driver side of the vehicle. I am assuming that is may just be something loose, but I am not sure. Any suggestions???

Thanks

Quick Reply: '04 Dakota Brakes