2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Lesson: Don't park in streets.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 07:07 AM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Either way a comment like that s unnecessary. Seeing as how it's hard to tell emotion via text it may be best to avoid comments like that altogether.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:26 AM
crateampsrock
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

really? that is such a arguement to have... get over it...or come to texas where we'll set your car on fire for having an out-of-state plate...

Old 10-03-2011, 09:44 AM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Default So now you are a caring sort?

MoparMan1991 All this caring from the guy that said on one of my posts
You could always do it and let us know if your engine blows up. . . .

That was such a caring statment by you.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:59 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker

I wasn't trying to be caring, but I sure as hell didn't sound arrogant like that ebr guy.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:41 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Default no big Deal

Not sure why it became such a big Deal anyway.

I know people just say things your statment didnt bother me it just seamed kind of off color for my post.

I like this forum everyone is nice here very few macho posts that I have seen.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:19 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker

I't doesn't matter that much to me, it's just that others decided to keep dragging it out. I honestly couldn't care less what someone else thinks about a state, but to make such a stereotypical comment is what irritated me the most.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Lebbie54
Professional

Originally Posted by MoparMan1991
Are you kidding me? Iowa has some of the most responsible drivers around and you go and make a crack like that? "Sounds like a typical Kansas person".

WEll Iowa does stand for Idiots out wondering around.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Rakaric
Record Breaker

lol! Iowa is a fine place, haha.

Anyway...so I'm going to rule this incident an attempt to theft/break-in rather than just random vandalism.

Turns out, after the sun rays dried up everything....there was a second shoeprint in the clubcab window. What I'm thinkin what happened, is that the person tried to break the clubcab window first. He was dead on the window, however...I don't think the person realized that the window isn't glass, and he also kicked the part of the window where the frame of the cab goes through. So...he tried a second time on the front window...this time missing on some part. He failed to break the glass because the heel of his foot hit the door, so most of the power was applied on the metal. I guess he wasted too much time, or maybe someone was near, so the person bailed.

To be honest...unless his motive was stealing the truck, I don't see any reason for him wanting to break in except for the stereo. I had old work clothes covering my sub box, so I can't name anything else the person would be after.

Funny, though...I can actually identify what kind of shoe it was. Not sure what the model name is, but it was made by Adidas....I know this because I had the same sole pattern in one of my old Adidas shoes.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:51 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Rakaric
lol! Iowa is a fine place, haha.

Anyway...so I'm going to rule this incident an attempt to theft/break-in rather than just random vandalism.

Turns out, after the sun rays dried up everything....there was a second shoeprint in the clubcab window. What I'm thinkin what happened, is that the person tried to break the clubcab window first. He was dead on the window, however...I don't think the person realized that the window isn't glass, and he also kicked the part of the window where the frame of the cab goes through. So...he tried a second time on the front window...this time missing on some part. He failed to break the glass because the heel of his foot hit the door, so most of the power was applied on the metal. I guess he wasted too much time, or maybe someone was near, so the person bailed.

To be honest...unless his motive was stealing the truck, I don't see any reason for him wanting to break in except for the stereo. I had old work clothes covering my sub box, so I can't name anything else the person would be after.

Funny, though...I can actually identify what kind of shoe it was. Not sure what the model name is, but it was made by Adidas....I know this because I had the same sole pattern in one of my old Adidas shoes.
Anywho, I also wouldn't just check it off as random vandalism. They probably saw a well maintained truck with some nice visual mods and figured you'd probably have a nice head unit they could pull. Seeing as how you have multiple attempts suggests that they: A) really wanted to f your truck in the a with a double p, or B) they saw something that caught their eye and they really needed to have it, or C) slight possibility that it was a random act of vandalism.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:26 PM
chris1996
Veteran

thts the good thing of life in a country that is less than half texas nobody fight for the state or province were anyone live...

Quick Reply: Lesson: Don't park in streets.