2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Lesson: Don't park in streets.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 05:41 PM
Rakaric
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lesson: Don't park in streets.

So...I rarely park in the street. Firstly, 4 years ago, I had my truck parked in the street for 1 hour...and my neighbor backs into it.

I go on a trip this weekend to Iowa. Had my truck parked in the street (no other choice) for free parking on Sunday. Anyway...I'm going back home and I'm looking at my passenger window...and I see an imprint of a shoe. I was like uh...wtf. Apparently some asswipe kicked my door/window overnight...somehow he didn't break the glass, but now there's a small dent. Can't really tell unless you're looking for it, but I can tell it's there. Regardless, the fact of the matter that someone unprovoked just randomly kicks the door of another person's car is just stupid and ridiculous. "Hey...this person's car looks like it's taken care of!" *STOMP*

I hate people. Never again.

Old 10-02-2011, 05:55 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Looks to nice thats why

All too many people that don’t have a nicely kept car are jealous and if given a chance will do things like that I have seen it all too often.

Sounds like someone in the Hood to me that saw you leave town and know you don’t usually park on the street so they took a whack at it to get that feel good notch in there belt.

Not the same but I just got a good door ding from some ***

Old 10-02-2011, 06:46 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Default kept my truck low key

That is sort of why if you look at my truck it looks good but not special so most people pass it by and go for the newer cars for a feel good whack or key scraping.

My nice new Door Ding how frustrating

Old 10-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Brian_
Captain

yeah one of the girls at work swiped the whole side of my truck somehow by backing up. i guess she thought if she would keep going she wouldn't hit anymore of the truck? so now i have a horrible looking white line at the whole bottom of my body and bed...

Old 10-02-2011, 07:52 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker

my son got mad at his GF and kicked his fender. put a 2 inch dent in the front fender. i realy told him off.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:38 PM
ebrperk
Rookie

Man that sucks but sounds like Iowa to me.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:14 AM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ebrperk
Man that sucks but sounds like Iowa to me.

Are you kidding me? Iowa has some of the most responsible drivers around and you go and make a crack like that? "Sounds like a typical Kansas person".

Old 10-03-2011, 01:21 AM
Rakaric
Record Breaker

Well...I never thought bad on Iowa, which is why I didn't feel too concerned at first, but bad apples are everywhere. I don't care about the dent itself, really. I'm concerned with the minds of people who do such things. It wasn't a case of people opening their doors and accidentally hitting the car next to them...even though it still is careless, but rather the fact that someone walks by and makes the decision to kick another man's car. I'm not one who believes in karma, but I do certainly hope what goes around, rams him up the ***. Time for a beater that I don't care about I guess.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:32 AM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rakaric
Well...I never thought bad on Iowa, which is why I didn't feel too concerned at first, but bad apples are everywhere. I don't care about the dent itself, really. I'm concerned with the minds of people who do such things. It wasn't a case of people opening their doors and accidentally hitting the car next to them...even though it still is careless, but rather the fact that someone walks by and makes the decision to kick another man's car. I'm not one who believes in karma, but I do certainly hope what goes around, rams him up the ***. Time for a beater that I don't care about I guess.
I understand this, but to place all the blame on the state of Iowa is just idiotic. That's like the folks who say "well we live in a really good neighborhood and these kind of crimes are so surprising". Well let's just face the facts and accept that idiots are everywhere, no matter what town, city, county, state, or country you live in. There is no need to bash one state just because something in particular happened in said state. Now I'm not flaming anyone especially you, but for ebrperk to make such a comment was very ignorant.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:40 AM
DakMan6704
Captain

I wouldn't really take the comment that hard. It was probably 99% sarcastic.

Quick Reply: Lesson: Don't park in streets.