2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Lower vs. Higher

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 01:51 AM
DAK4X4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lower vs. Higher

I'm not sure about the popular belief here, but I figured I'd ask. In my own personal belief I think its always a smarter bet to skyjacker any truck. I see these lowriders and I just sit and try and figure out how they get over curbs and down inclines w/o much effort to avoid damaging the body. I see it everyday, I live in a city where eveyone and their mother loves to aftermarket their vehciles and you'll see these dropped cars and trucks with beat up air dams and front bumpers. So I'm all for raising them, I know if u drive a lowered car or truck correctly u wont cause so much damage, but Id rather have higher and not even have to worry about it. jack it up boys and girls. But I wanna get all your inputs what do you guys feel. I know a lot of posters here have dropped their DAKS and by all means that rocks, dont take me as trying to bash you, I just wanna get ur input.

Old 07-25-2005, 09:13 AM
RP Racing940
Record Breaker
Default RE: Lower vs. Higher

I dunno. I had a ranger I wanted to lower but never got around to it. I wanted to lift the Sonoma 4X4 but never got around to it. Have no reason to lower my 2wd Dak since I need to tow trailers with it and 4X4's are useless to me since all the trails around here are now closed and I really dont care to use 4wd in snow. Dont need to if you drive with common sense.

Old 07-25-2005, 08:54 PM
Joelzy
Professional

If i had a 4x4 it would be jacked up no doubt, but its a 2wd and when i bought the truck it just looked goofy because the little tires and it sat really high up. I mainly lowered it to sit the truck level and to close some gap in the wheel well. I like the way it rides a lot better too. The whole truck would sway in turns before but now it sticks. its not slammed by any means but thats why i lowered mine to the extent i did. I see what you mean about the bumps and stuff on really low cars.

Old 07-25-2005, 08:57 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned

Lift your truck. Fat chicks can't climb! LOL

Old 07-25-2005, 10:00 PM
TexasNative
Professional

nosebleeds r always good.

Old 07-25-2005, 10:03 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

4x4 - jack it up

2 wheel drive - slam it

Old 07-26-2005, 12:51 AM
DAK4X4

"fat chicks cant climb" PHAHAHAHAH thats awsome. Never quite thought of it that way. I'm considering (when I come into more money) about to start Paramedic school and its gonna cost me like 3500 to get through that, not to mention gotta pay off college student loans will start soon, but if I come across some good money I wanan jack it up. Bigger tires, bigger looks, bigger everything. If you cant break a sweat on a hot day getting into my truck it isn't high enough. Thanks for the input guys

Old 07-26-2005, 05:31 PM
Megashifter
Professional

I don't think you'll see a jacked up R/T. Then again... it's not for off-road either... 'cept the track.

Quick Reply: Lower vs. Higher