2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Rust around driver and passenger side windows

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 03:02 PM
sgtcassidy78
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rust around driver and passenger side windows

Hi everyone. Just wondering if any Dakota owners have had problems with rust forming in the bottom corner (corner towards the rear of the truck) of your driver and/or passenger side windows where water might catch. The rust on my 1997 Dodge Dakota SLT is forming in the corners under the black trim on both doors. Is this common? Also, what is that BOTTOM BLACK TRIM PIECE of the driver and passenger side windows called on our Dakotas? I have been looking to buy replacements but cannot figure out what the name of the piece is. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Old 07-25-2005, 10:12 PM
TexasNative
Professional
Default RE: Rust around driver and passenger side windows

I dont know the name but I would hit up a junkyard for that man.

Old 07-26-2005, 12:59 AM
DAK4X4

haven't noticed rust on mine (it is an 04 after all) but as for seeing that, a coworker of mine has an 98 Dodge Durango...sooo pretty much the same vehicle, but he is getting rust bubbles build up around the window frames right where the weather stripping ends. I've noticed whenever I wash my truck, no matter how dry I think it is, or how long it sat drying water always gushes out when I round corners after the first drive with her just cleaned and it likes to built up in the weather strips. Might be a design flaw or something. just gotta keep waxing it people! keep em clean, espcailly if you see snow and the dreaded ROAD SALT as i do every year living in Ohio.

Old 10-29-2005, 01:17 AM
hillfam4

I have rust/paint bibbles on the lower back corner of the front divers side window.

2000 3.9 4x4 Sport

Quick Reply: Rust around driver and passenger side windows