2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2k Dakota Need Help PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 04:50 PM
DaHowler
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2k Dakota Need Help PLEASE!!!

Okay so I drove my 2k Dakota to work this morning and it was having problems shifting into 3rd and then it had issues shifting into low gears. Then when I got out of work it wouldnt shift out of park wouldnt move at all in gear except it would just barely move in 1st gear .....Now prior to this I had no problem with slipping the tranny shifted great!! it has 123k miles on it check engine light came on when it started shifting bad.....about 500 miles ago I replaced the tranny pan and all the fluids cause it was leaking...after I replaced it I put 4 quarts of oil in it then another 1.5 quarts in and it was barely on the dipstick but I was scared of overfilling it....now it shows the fluid beyond all the normal readings (very high on the dipstick)...oh yeah it is 4x4 4.7 auto 45rfe tranny....Does anyone have any idea what this could be?? Cause I'm really hoping I dont have to change out the tranny!!! Help

Old 10-14-2011, 05:15 PM
DaHowler
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeah the tranny fluid smells fine......

Quick Reply: 2k Dakota Need Help PLEASE!!!