2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Today I went muddin!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 10:13 PM
NickCornell
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Today I went muddin!

Accidentally.... Haha. I really wish I had pics, but it's dark and raining right now so it won't do any justice. I was on my way home from football practice today and decided to take a road that hadn't yet been finished because the drainage caused it to be wet all the time. It's opened however it's basically a dirt trail. The road goes behind a housing development and down into a dip. On the path there was what to me looked like a thin film of water over the road. Well. It was a thin film of water over almost a foot of mud. As soon as the front end dove in I punched it whereas my back tires were still on dry ground. My little 3.9 2wd surprised the heck out of me, I bogged through it and made it to the other side which was about a trucks length away. She looked like she was literally dipped in desert tan paint. I wish the rain wasn't coming in buckets, driving to school like that would have been funny

Old 10-19-2011, 10:20 PM
dirtbiker
Captain

Nice. Yeah I was surprised for it being a 2wd open rear when I took mine out for a few rounds. Gettin her dirty's pretty easy, it's cleaning up that's the hard part... I guarantee if I went and stuck a power washer in the back bumper or just about any place underneath mud would come off. Did ya get those coils and shackles?

Old 10-20-2011, 06:45 PM
NickCornell
Veteran

Yeah, however I have a slight problem. After inspecting my air cleaner it seems that there was a possibility I sucked in some mud. Also, I notices the rpms go up down up down like crazy when I first started it after I washed it. The truck would then stall when I stopped What did I get wet? It was fine after I opened it up

Old 10-20-2011, 07:37 PM
NickCornell
Veteran

Just took it out. It's not sputtering now. Just a low idol. No stalls though. Iac or tps?

Old 10-20-2011, 09:20 PM
dirtbiker
Captain

Hmmm well check both, but I'd say IAC due to the idle. What setup are you running for air intake (stock air box, cold air intake, air cleaner)?

Edit: I really need to read the whole post before replying lol I now see you have an air cleaner.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:37 PM
NickCornell
Veteran

Well I just took it on the highway and drove it pretty hard, truck is as if now running normal. Hopefully the same results tomorrow. Maybe no more mud for my truck haha

Old 10-20-2011, 10:13 PM
dirtbiker
Captain

Good. I'm tellin ya, the 2" of lift makes all the difference, especially in the mud. Haha jk but it looks good.

Quick Reply: Today I went muddin!