2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Kota's Got New Boots :) Pic Heavy

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 08:39 PM
URBANRDNECK
Veteran
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks, Cooper STT's were actual the one other tire I was looking at getting. the only thing bad I've heard about them is that they wear fast.

Old 10-30-2011, 08:49 PM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The DuraTracs have road noise but its not what I would call "LOUD" inside the cab.. its there but sounds good and low tone.. not really obnoxious like some of the tires out there..

The tires I pulled off the truck were made by Cooper and they had rubber shedding off from the inside turning into "tootsie rolls"

POS tire.. Guy that bought them said he was just gonna put them on his trailer; perfect for that.. wouldn't put them any where near a truck again.. :P

Reason I went with Good Year as I've ran many of there tires problem free; so I hope it will be the same great problem free experience with this set; plus I got them for a steal.. after everything said and done.

Old 10-31-2011, 06:45 AM
DakMan6704
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same tires...going on, seemingly sooner than later, as we just had some snow, and it seems to be staying cold.

Snow is great, but umm, you're in TX...lol. Mud was fun too...I dont think youll be disappointed!

Old 10-31-2011, 09:38 AM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker

Well I was going to go with the BFG All terrian; or the AT2 by General; but I got to thinking Why not pay 10 bucks more per tire (DIscount to comp for 140) because the reviews all said the same thing across the board they were "fair" in light mud.. SO i figured hell I know i'm going to be disappointed with them them in that area so why not just get something I actually want.

So after looking again and missing it 10 times ROFL!!! I finally open'd my eyes and found the Duratrac at the same sale price so I paid the same amount for the more aggressive Duratrac Commercial AT vs. the all terrain.

So far I'm as happy as a pig in slop. Plus I think I found the shake shake that I thought I had fixed before.. :X I just gotta get to it and fix it; bolt not all the way in on the Trans Axel/Engine mount bracket that mounts to the transmission.. its half way in.. and it wont budge..

Other than this.. I'm actually starting to Like my truck again. Amazing what a set of tires will do for one's perception.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:57 PM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker

Update... Been driving around on these for a while.. Got 2K on them surprisingly I've been doing a hell of alot more driving now that I got these sexy tires on.. Go figure! LOL!!!

Anyways.. got the tread reading.. hardly no wear at all.. even with the truck pulling to the right..

Poped their cherry behind my dad's house back in the woods and where the paper company just rapped the land.. muddy has hell about 2-3" thick and some places a little worse.. and these tires went through it all like it was nothing.. got some good spinning going from the *** end but they chew through everything... once i get a winch on this truck.. i'll brave the deeper ****..

Old 01-04-2012, 10:38 AM
DakCC4x4
Veteran
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to hear. I was going to get those but got a steal on some Kelly Safari TSR 285s for $695(also made by Goodyear). I have about 5k on mine and they hardly show any wear at all. The are great in the red clay mud down here in Bama and i will buy them again as long as they pull 30 to 35k miles at least. And it does totally change the look of a truck. BTW i do have a winch on mine now.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:21 PM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker

My dad said as soon as I get a winch he'll go out with me but not before.. he does not feel like tromping through the mud with a chain and come along..

Old 01-04-2012, 09:01 PM
chris1996
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jondakotaguy
My dad said as soon as I get a winch he'll go out with me but not before.. he does not feel like tromping through the mud with a chain and come along..
so ****ing true

Old 01-05-2012, 07:27 PM
bpark8824
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jondakotaguy
Been there done that too many times. Even with the winch someone has to tromp through the mud to the nearest tree or whatever it may be...

Old 01-05-2012, 09:17 PM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker

Yupp so i know already it wont be him.. I think Ill just invent a a harpoon of sorts that sends an anchor out.. and once it gets so far it digs in self.. LOL

Some bat man shiz..

Quick Reply: Kota's Got New Boots :) Pic Heavy