2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Keyless Entry and CTM Programming

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 05:21 PM
DakotaCC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless Entry and CTM Programming

2001 Dakota 4.7 SLT+ pkg. Keyless entry remotes stopped working--the one I used mainly as well as the one that's been sitting in the kitchen drawer. I replaced batteries in both fobs, locks still do not work from fob. All locks work normally from the inside switches and doors still auto-lock when vehicle moves. I think what screwed up the keyless entry was an electric tailgate lock I installed years ago. It started sticking a bit and I'd have to repeatedly press the fob to get the tailgate to unlatch. Of course, while i was doing this the doors were also locking/unlocking. Anyway, after a few sessions of rapid lock/unlock cycling of the fob the remote entry quit working.

I've tried the program-it-yourself option but no go without a working fob. The dealer wants to sell me a new fob and program it for $125 total. Based upon the research I've done, I think the fobs are OK (auto parts store says they are broadcasting) but the CTM needs to be reprogrammed to work with my 2 fobs. Correct? Out in left field?? If it just needs programming I'm going to take it to a different dealer and just ask for that specific service-- hook up the DBSIII (I think that's what it's called) and program the CTM to work with the remotes.

Am I on track here or am I out in left field?
Thx,

DakotaCC

Quick Reply: Keyless Entry and CTM Programming