2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

header install

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 11:24 PM
TexasNative
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default header install

Ok guys this one is for the V6ers the headers from JBA are A W E S O M E I just put them on and boy r they a BIACTH to put on I snapped a bolt removing them put plenty of penetrating fluid on them for a couple of days before you try to remove them but I can tell a diff. already. Anyways well worth the money I paid for the from David at Premier truck. BTW I MUST THANK SNOWMAN for the help because without it I would still be at the shop kickin and screamin and cussin myself into a heart attack.

Old 07-29-2005, 01:46 AM
snowman81
Default RE: header install

No thanks required...you just needed an extra set of hands, smaller hands at that. I'll agree with TexasNative in saying that the headers were no fun to install. I think the design were it connects to the Y pipe could be a little better. It's not a snug fit, you kinda just crank on the bolts until the won't tighten anymore and the flange doesn't meet up with the flange on the headers. Very weird IMO. I also think a stud coming off the block is a much better way to go rather than a bolt that goes into the block. No if you're a jacka$$ and crossthread the stud, then sux to be you. As with any component on a vehicle these days, you need to have tiny hands to get to some of the bolts...but we managed. I recommend picking up a 7/16 ratcheting crescent wrench if you plan on doing this. It will save time and aggrevation, or you could just make 1,000,000,000,000 quarter turns like we did to tighten one bolt...not so much fun. Didn't get a chance to go for a ride in it yet, but I will let everyone know my opinion when I do.

Old 07-30-2005, 01:47 AM
GeeWillikers
Rookie

Curious to see if this mod moves the dyno or just the SOTPM.

Old 10-23-2005, 06:02 PM
TexasNative
Professional

just postin this in case u check out the site anytime Jeff and I did the dyno again and with the headers and programmer I got a wimpy 10 ponies out of them, not good for the money i spent.

Quick Reply: header install