2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2000 dakota p0204 code fix

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 06:05 PM
diablo'sdakota
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 dakota p0204 code fix

I have a 2000 dakota 4.7 and i have a p0204 code. it is the injector driver not working properly. i have tried everything. i have swapped injectors around, i have checked the wiring from the pcm and the power distribution block no shorts in the wires. i keep banging my head aginst the fender trying to get this figured out. PLEASE HELP!! it is driving me nuts.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:23 AM
misfitdakota_95
Professional

If you have swapped injectors, checked all your wiring from the injectors to the PCM & still have a code, you more than likely have a bad PCM.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:21 AM
diablo'sdakota

if it is the pcm anyone know where I can get a used one flashed in colorado? I am not going to pay dealer prices for one if I can help it.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:08 PM
mikeglass1969
Amateur

I got some questions...

Does the code appear and disappear a day or two later? Always on the same cylinder or do other cylinders appear? Watch your RPM for surging... I had all the p0201-208 code but never all at once.

I had these series of codes pop up, sometimes one cylinder and sometimes more than one. I read somewhere online, not a dodge forum, that a bad TSP would cause this. It was a cheap part, so I tried it on my Dakota and havent had problems since.

Something to watch out for...

Old 11-18-2011, 06:51 PM
diablo'sdakota

i have changed the tps, map sensor, the iac motor and sensor. I have surging while idle, rev the motor above 3000 rmp and let off back to idle it wants to die. I put into gear and drive down the street 1/2 block and hit the stop sign and it just dies. I can power brake while stopping and nurse it to keep it running. It is always the same cylinder, number 4. I clear the code and when i start it back the code will come up right after the dash lights go off, ie... brake, airbag, check engine etc... Like i said before i have swapped injectors around and it still the same. I have used my stethascope and hear nothing in the injector, no click... click... click. All others do. This is where I am at. Now I was thinking of getting another pcm off another Dakota same year, motor etc and just pulling a plug and play. will this work? need to get back on the road asap, and save to get a flashed pcm off e-bay. If you could let me know if this will work as a tempoary fix right now. Not worried about mileage because I have no intent to sell anytime soon.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:21 AM
misfitdakota_95
Professional

unless you have SKIM (Sentry Key Immobilizer Module), it should work albeit the check engine light might be on Easiest way to tell if you have SKIM is to look at your key & see if you have a gray key; gray=SKIM while a black key means you don't

Quick Reply: 2000 dakota p0204 code fix