2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Back To Stock Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Senate427
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Back To Stock Headlights

97 Dakota

My new headlights that I owned for about 5 months failed me the other day. The first day I got them I notice the plastic quality wasn't all to strong. Then I noticed the specs didn't match Dodges specs and I had a hard time fitting the headlight. The plastic tabs for the bolts split at the bottom and caused the headlight to shake loosely and the rubber trim was crap. And the final problem I found is the light bulbs are to close to the plastic inside the lens and was burning/melting the headlight inside. I know a lot guys buy after market headlights off ebay and have no problems, but what the hell I had bad luck with mine. I will say this the lens itself and brightness was really good.

For anyone who cares I bought my headlights from DT motorsports
made in Taiwan.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-04-DODGE-...sories&vxp=mtr

I'm back to my stock headlights and I'm happy. BTW has anyone here had any problems with after market headlights?

Last edited by Senate427; 11-19-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Scaryjam8234
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know what you mean. I bought the same headlights from the same Guy a couple weeks ago. First the little tabs that hold the lightbulb from rotating broke when I tried to lock the bulbs in place. One of the little tabs on the piece that locks the bulb in place broke. When I was tightening them down the plastic looked like it was gonna break.

Then when I went to adjust them, the passenger side worked well. But the drivers side ... the screw to adjust it pulled through the tab it is suppose to sit in! I backed it out the best I could without taking the headlight out, with the intent of putting washers on it. But the heads out the cheap screw stripped.

I haven't messed with it since. These headlights looked like some spyder headlights I planned on getting, but I thought I'd spend half the price on the eBay ones. Boy was that a mistake.

Needless to say, as far as parts are concerned, never will I buy on eBay again.

Quick Reply: Back To Stock Headlights