2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

02 Power Window Regulator

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 12:48 PM
iowabowtech
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Power Window Regulator

I have researched this topic and I feel like I can make the repair happen but I'm having a major problem getting the window down far enough to access the bolts that hold the window on the regulator bracket. It will only go down less than halfway when I force it down. When I use the motor, it sounds like something is binding real bad and also won't go past the same point. Already have the door panel off, vapor barrier removed.

Anybody have any tricks to get access to the bottom of the window in these instances? I'm almost positive my cables are streteched so I was planning to just buy the full assembly that includes the regulator and motor. I also think it may be a little easier to just change the whole thing out since I'm a noob.

Full specs:
2002 Dakota, 4.7L, Quad cab

Old 12-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Ts610
Professional

I had the same thing happen to me also. The window would not go all the way down. I got it down as far as it would go and reach up in the door with a 10mm wrench and got the bolts out. Kinda hard to get to but used ratcheting wrenches so made it easier. Just take painters tape and warp it around the window frame on the door and tape it to the window to hold it up. I had 6 bolts and pulled the reg out through the left opening. re-install and you are ready to go. What I found with mine was the plastic guides which ride along the track broke. Not sure your issue. I also have the quad cab.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:26 PM
iowabowtech

Thanks for the reply 610. I ended up cutting the vertical cable that leads to the pulley at the top of the assembly. This allowed the window to ease right down into place where i could access the bolts with no problem. Big thanks to Phat Mike for the idea via pm. The whole job went smooth as butter. You guys are great.

Quick Reply: 02 Power Window Regulator