2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

No Start

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 04:56 PM
Kustamogen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definite fuel problem (I think wiring)

the plug to the fuel pump has four wires......green/blue/black/black

Im assuming the blue is maybe gauge power....is the green also power? it corroded off the connector, but Im still not getting power to that wire (if its a power)

Old 02-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Kustamogen

Well I fixed it (for now)....I still need to track down the real issue.....but my fuel pump wasnt getting power.......so Im just going to run a switch for it for now so I can drive it....see if I can track down the real issue!

So weird I had a spark AND fuel issue......well, all electrical I guess. The power and ground for the fuel pump both have some black charring color to the wire.....so Im assuming whatever happened affected the FP wiring and ignition system......it kind of scares me not knowing what.....but for now she is back up and running

Old 02-02-2012, 11:41 AM
trainzzz

This may not be your problem but after one week of searching for my fuel pump failure, it was the 7th pin in my ignition switch. A little bit of wd40 and problem solved. The 7th pin in the ignition sends the signal to the fuel pump relay.

Quick Reply: No Start