2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Update to my problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 09:39 PM
chris1996
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update to my problem

Thnx specially to 01silvercc for all the help with cleaning the TB but now my mechanic don't have idea of the source of the problem the deal is this: there are 3 dead pistons the spark is good and injectors too everything seems normal but there are three dead pistons he is gonna change the spark plugs but he didn't think that that's the problem so I come to you for help I need my truck and If I told him what to check I would get it faster thnx by afterhand

Old 02-10-2012, 01:27 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chris1996
Thnx specially to 01silvercc for all the help with cleaning the TB but now my mechanic don't have idea of the source of the problem the deal is this: there are 3 dead pistons the spark is good and injectors too everything seems normal but there are three dead pistons he is gonna change the spark plugs but he didn't think that that's the problem so I come to you for help I need my truck and If I told him what to check I would get it faster thnx by afterhand
Pretty much what makes a vehicle run compression,fuel and spark. If you have all that then you need to look further into it like do you have enough fuel pressure. Check cam and crank sensors too

Old 02-10-2012, 08:33 AM
chris1996
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeramguy85
Pretty much what makes a vehicle run compression,fuel and spark. If you have all that then you need to look further into it like do you have enough fuel pressure. Check cam and crank sensors too
The fuel pressure is all right gonna tell him that check that thnx

Quick Reply: Update to my problem