2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Jump Started 2000 dodge dakota Truck, Now all my gauges do not work and radio HELP!

Old 02-13-2012, 12:39 AM
ginojt81
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jump Started 2000 dodge dakota Truck, Now all my gauges do not work and radio HELP!

Hello,
Jumped started my 2000 Dodge Dakota, The truck is running fine, heat works, lights work, also all the interior lights work. But all the gauges are at 0 and the radio doesnt work. I saw 1 fuse was popped, which was the 140 amp altenator fuse, so I changed it, but it is still not working. I also saw your comments about holding the tripometer for 15 seconds. That did not work ethier. Do you have any ideas? Thanks Gino

Old 02-13-2012, 01:29 PM
trainzzz

Originally Posted by ginojt81
Hello,
Jumped started my 2000 Dodge Dakota, The truck is running fine, heat works, lights work, also all the interior lights work. But all the gauges are at 0 and the radio doesnt work. I saw 1 fuse was popped, which was the 140 amp altenator fuse, so I changed it, but it is still not working. I also saw your comments about holding the tripometer for 15 seconds. That did not work ethier. Do you have any ideas? Thanks Gino
On my 98 dakota I have to hold reset button on the dash then yurn key on while holding the reset until the word test comes up then release. If a code does not come up, then go to advance and ask them to scan for code. They should do this for free or rent you the scanner and give you your money back when you return it.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:47 PM
00DakDan
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

There are two fuses for the cluster. Fuse "F" in the PDC and fuse 17 in the junction block under the dash. If the parking brake light works on the dash, fuse 17 is good.

For the radio, fuses 8 and 12. If you have the Infinity system, fuse 1 is for the amplifier. All in the junction block.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:10 AM
HIDRILLER
Default no gauges

I also jump started truck and lost all gauges blew 140 amp alt fuse and replaced it with no help to gauges

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jump Started 2000 dodge dakota Truck, Now all my gauges do not work and radio HELP!