2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Parts for my Dakota

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 04:58 PM
jcpenny
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts for my Dakota

Hey there.

Hopefully someone can answer a question for me. Yesterday I had some nice little lady drive into the side of my truck. Thankfully she wasn't going very fast. I now need to replace my passenger side door, box, and steering rack. My question is what trucks could I get these parts from used. Mine is a 2001 Dakota sport, 2 door, 2WD, 3.9l. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:07 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Default You don’t have insurance?

You don’t have insurance?

They will take care of that.

Why are you doing it yourself?

Old 02-23-2012, 05:14 PM
jcpenny

Hey 98DAKAZ.

Yes I have insurance, but up here in the great white north (Nova Scotia) They have this thing called a no fault accident. I've lived here for around 3 years and this will be my second accident. Neither caused by me, but in the insurance company's eyes it does not matter. So if I put this through my insurance, my premiums will go up significantly due to this being accident #2. I can do all the work no problem and there are enough auto wreckers out here that getting parts should be pretty easy and cheap. Thought I would save myself some $$$.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:09 PM
Trent479
Veteran

Dang thats a bummer! Poor truck. And the insurance thing is wack! Good luck. I would look at your same truck when gettin the parts. If im not mistaken, they all match up from the 3rd generation body styles. Good luck

Quick Reply: Parts for my Dakota