2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Third time!!! Unbelievable!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 06:14 PM
dirtbiker
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Third time!!! Unbelievable!

I cannot believe this, but today I noticed that my front bumper is jacked up again. Looks like someone backed into it and ran. Bumper fascia is cracked I think beyond repair. So absolutely pissed off right now. I have no idea where it happened either, and I don't think I want to make an insurance claim on it, because my rates will most likely go up. If I fix it, this will be the third time I've replaced that damn thing. First was that accident awhile back, second was when that asshat backed into me (but I got $$ to fix it from that guy), and now this. Except this time I don't know who did it, and most likely there's no way to know. So mad right now. I'm starting to think this truck is cursed or something, maybe it's time to look into another Dak or a Ram before something real bad happens...

Old 02-28-2012, 07:56 PM
chris1996
Veteran

Yeah i know that feeling... And thats bad those people without consideration but the only thing we can do is fix it..!! One day someone rearended me and the only thing that makes her pay is that he get crushed in my bumper that's the nice thing about trucks

Old 02-28-2012, 08:16 PM
JBs DAK
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to read this,.. Save some money & hit the bone-yards this time.
Maybe you'll get lucky and find the parts you need this time. Again,..
That sucks.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:11 PM
dirtbiker
Captain

Yeah, you gotta love when people are careless and mess up something that someone worked hard on to keep nice. I will look in the junkyards, but I had this bumper painted all nice and now it's messed up. I think I'm just going to glue it for now, don't want to spend another dime on a bumper to have it get screwed up again.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:18 PM
chris1996
Veteran

Do a custom one...!! I just think about that when That girl crash whit me

Old 02-28-2012, 10:49 PM
dirtbiker
Captain

Or do something like the last one in this video, except all they have to do is touch the truck to make it go off http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opnNg...eature=related

Old 02-29-2012, 01:55 AM
Dakota Greg
Professional

Originally Posted by dirtbiker
Or do something like the last one in this video, except all they have to do is touch the truck to make it go off http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opnNg...eature=related
I love that, time to start work to dakota retro fit that.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:51 AM
UWAdventurer
Veteran

Put a bull bar on it to save the bumper.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:59 AM
sxrsil3nt
Record Breaker

Sucks man, on my old Grand Prix I had a lady accidently back up into me when she drove too far past a ticket booth. Backed up and hit me, got out for a quick look and basically said not to worry about it. I get home to find out there is a nice 5 inch gash from the ball hitch on the back of her van.

Just last week I had my truck parked at the store, and I'm the type to always park properly. Never on the line and do my best to be in the middle of both lines, there was a white car parked next to me and when I got out, I noticed that there is a paint chip the size of a soft ball on my rear bumper.

Boy was I pissed. I seem to have horrible luck with bumpers too.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:35 PM
ibcnul8r
Professional

two things.

1.) Someone backed in to my daughters rear bumper a little while back. The nice thing is, he left his name and number, apologized and said to call him. Called him and he felt really bad. Everything got fixed through his insurance. There are a few good people still out there.

2.) When I bought my 01' Dak from a previous owner, it had (and still has) a real nice tow package on the front (just below the bumper and it sits pretty flush). I was going to have it removed, but my mechanic said "leave it on" just in case someone backs in to you (i don't plan on rear ending anyone soon.....knock on wood). So it's still on my truck. It was originally installed so they could tow it behind an RV.

Quick Reply: Third time!!! Unbelievable!